I feel like the ACC should get the Rocky theme song for the

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

I feel like the ACC should get the Rocky theme song for the

Post by BigDave »

I feel like the ACC should get the Rocky theme song for the bowl season.

Pitt +6 vs Bowling Green
Twerps +2.5 vs Marshall
Syracuse +4.5 vs Minnesota
UNC -3 vs Cincy
Miami +3 vs Loserville
GT +3 vs Ole Miss
BC +7.5 vs Arizona
Tech +7 vs UCLA
Dook +11.5 vs TAMU
Clemson +2 vs tOSU
FSU -8.5 vs Auburn

Only two favorites ... usually it's the other way around - we're favored in nearly every game, but manage to stink a bunch of them up.

And by the way, why in the world is UNLV-North Texas a New Years Day game??? If it were a regular season game, it might not even rate TV coverage on ESPN360. That should be a pre-Christmas game. I just looked it up and apparently it replaced the Cotton Bowl when the Cotton Bowl moved to a different stadium. I wish they would move the real Cotton Bowl back to New Year's instead of at the same time as the Orange Bowl and move this one to the time slot where nobody cares.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
oaktonhokie

Re: I feel like the ACC should get the Rocky theme song for

Post by oaktonhokie »

It's tough imo, to handicap bowl games. Some coaches look at them as "a business trip," with things to accomplish. Others, like frank beamer (used to?) think of them as vacation. An exhibition game. A reward for the players for a good season.

We could win 'em all

We could lose 'em all.

I am only REALLY concerned with one of them. The loyalty to conferences for me at least, is not what it once was. Conference membership and realignment have changed things so much. Syracuse in the acc? Wva in the big 12?

I don't like Miami, I hope they lose. I don't like unc (they cheat) I hope they lose. I don't like Clemson, I hope they lose.... well, I dislike osu more, so....? Don't like the other tech.

I like uva, they are not playing.
I like wake, they're not playing.
I like dook, I hope they win.

Don't care about the terribles, flast, pgh or BC. I guess in a wgas game, I'll hope the acc team wins.

Kinda like Syracuse. Not sure why.

BigDave wrote:I feel like the ACC should get the Rocky theme song for the bowl season.

Pitt +6 vs Bowling Green
Twerps +2.5 vs Marshall
Syracuse +4.5 vs Minnesota
UNC -3 vs Cincy
Miami +3 vs Loserville
GT +3 vs Ole Miss
BC +7.5 vs Arizona
Tech +7 vs UCLA
Dook +11.5 vs TAMU
Clemson +2 vs tOSU
FSU -8.5 vs Auburn

Only two favorites ... usually it's the other way around - we're favored in nearly every game, but manage to stink a bunch of them up.

And by the way, why in the world is UNLV-North Texas a New Years Day game??? If it were a regular season game, it might not even rate TV coverage on ESPN360. That should be a pre-Christmas game. I just looked it up and apparently it replaced the Cotton Bowl when the Cotton Bowl moved to a different stadium. I wish they would move the real Cotton Bowl back to New Year's instead of at the same time as the Orange Bowl and move this one to the time slot where nobody cares.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

You dislike Clemson but like UVA-C???? Why????

Clemson is a lot like us - real Americans clinging to their guns and religion. UVA-C is preppy leftist trust fund brats who think that we need higher taxes to help the poor while at the same time their daddies do everything they can to make sure that they don't actually pay any of these higher taxes.
oaktonhokie wrote:It's tough imo, to handicap bowl games. Some coaches look at them as "a business trip," with things to accomplish. Others, like frank beamer (used to?) think of them as vacation. An exhibition game. A reward for the players for a good season.

We could win 'em all

We could lose 'em all.

I am only REALLY concerned with one of them. The loyalty to conferences for me at least, is not what it once was. Conference membership and realignment have changed things so much. Syracuse in the acc? Wva in the big 12?

I don't like Miami, I hope they lose. I don't like unc (they cheat) I hope they lose. I don't like Clemson, I hope they lose.... well, I dislike osu more, so....? Don't like the other tech.

Don't care about the terribles, flast, pgh or BC. I guess in a wgas game, I'll hope the acc team wins.

Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
Marine Hokie

Post by Marine Hokie »

Are you clinging to your guns?
BigDave wrote:You dislike Clemson but like UVA-C???? Why????

Clemson is a lot like us - real Americans clinging to their guns and religion. UVA-C is preppy leftist trust fund brats who think that we need higher taxes to help the poor while at the same time their daddies do everything they can to make sure that they don't actually pay any of these higher taxes.
oaktonhokie wrote:It's tough imo, to handicap bowl games. Some coaches look at them as "a business trip," with things to accomplish. Others, like frank beamer (used to?) think of them as vacation. An exhibition game. A reward for the players for a good season.

We could win 'em all

We could lose 'em all.

A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.