Give beamer credit for not playing Lthomas in 2nd half.

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
oaktonhokie

Give beamer credit for not playing Lthomas in 2nd half.

Post by oaktonhokie »

He could have risked LT and played him when the game was still winnable. He did not. He cares about his players.

The little bit I had seen previously from leal, mostly in the spring games, I thought he was a decent qb. He did not look good. May be because he didn't get many reps, or whatever.

As much as I love beamer, and I do, post season games have virtually always been stinkers.

Kansas...
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
UpstateSCHokie

Re: Give beamer credit for not playing Lthomas in 2nd half.

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

They just interviewed LT on the post game show and he said his mom had a say as to whether he would go back in for the 2nd half or not. Obviously she voted no, but give Beamer credit for consulting with his mom and respecting her wishes.
oaktonhokie wrote:He could have risked LT and played him when the game was still winnable. He did not. He cares about his players.

The little bit I had seen previously from leal, mostly in the spring games, I thought he was a decent qb. He did not look good. May be because he didn't get many reps, or whatever.

As much as I love beamer, and I do, post season games have virtually always been stinkers.

Kansas...

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
Once

Post by Once »

I don't think Beamer should have put him back on the field in the second half, but I'm curious why Logan's mom got a vote.
UpstateSCHokie wrote:They just interviewed LT on the post game show and he said his mom had a say as to whether he would go back in for the 2nd half or not. Obviously she voted no, but give Beamer credit for consulting with his mom and respecting her wishes.
oaktonhokie wrote:He could have risked LT and played him when the game was still winnable. He did not. He cares about his players.

Kansas...
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

That seems odd to me. I guess it depends on the relationship beamer has with the parents. I can see a conversation to CONFIRM beamer's decision, with parents with whom he has had a good and close relationship over the years.

I could not abide a coach asking a parent's permission to play the kid.

Beamer did not play Thomas, that's a good thing.

UpstateSCHokie wrote:They just interviewed LT on the post game show and he said his mom had a say as to whether he would go back in for the 2nd half or not. Obviously she voted no, but give Beamer credit for consulting with his mom and respecting her wishes.

Kansas...
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Kansas...
Yup. For his faults, Beamer cares about his players. Keeping Logan out was absolutely the right call.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

I think Loeffler said in a post-game interview that LT couldn't remember some of the plays and his eyes were glazed over.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

oaktonhokie wrote:That seems odd to me. I guess it depends on the relationship beamer has with the parents. I can see a conversation to CONFIRM beamer's decision, with parents with whom he has had a good and close relationship over the years.

I could not abide a coach asking a parent's permission to play the kid.

Beamer did not play Thomas, that's a good thing.

Kansas...
I got the idea that asking Mom's permission was TIC. Logan was not medically able to return whether Mom agreed or not.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk