Ouch. All three espn guys just said

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
oaktonhokie

Ouch. All three espn guys just said

Post by oaktonhokie »

we are not what we were.

We have lost our identity.

Used to be more physical.

Used to be feared.

Opponents used to be bruised and sore the next day.

Used to be a top team (my words.)
Now we're just another team in the acc. (Their words)

I think we're in a down period. If we get a good qb, we can be a force in two or three years.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
HvilleHokie

Re: Ouch. All three espn guys just said

Post by HvilleHokie »

Truth hurts
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Yeah, truth hurts. We used to be team feared throughout the nation, now just another ACC team. We should have jumped to the SEC.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

I said this on TSL. Remember the pro wrestler Special Delivery Jones? He was a credible good guy wrestler who always lost to the skilled bad guy wrestlers.

The bad guy wrestlers would either fight:

1. A patsy who they would beat
2. A skilled good guy would usually beat them
3. Special Delivery Jones, who they would beat

SDJ, while feared a little, would never pr win a big match. I swear this is who we are now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:I said this on TSL. Remember the pro wrestler Special Delivery Jones? He was a credible good guy wrestler who always lost to the skilled bad guy wrestlers.

The bad guy wrestlers would either fight:

1. A patsy who they would beat
2. A skilled good guy would usually beat them
3. Special Delivery Jones, who they would beat

SDJ, while feared a little, would never pr win a big match. I swear this is who we are now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We're at least Tito Santana, we haven't fallen to SD Jones yet.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:Yeah, truth hurts. We used to be team feared throughout the nation, now just another ACC team. We should have jumped to the SEC.
We'd be better if we were in the SEC?
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Yeah, truth hurts. We used to be team feared throughout the nation, now just another ACC team. We should have jumped to the SEC.
heck yeah, recruiting would jump through the roof. Just look at how aTm and Mizzu have benefited. We would crush UVA instate every year and keep UNC out of the tidewater. Plus the 5 star guys would have a team in their home state that plays in the best conference in the nation. And then we'd be seen as a legit destination to southern recruits.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
heck yeah, recruiting would jump through the roof. Just look at how aTm and Mizzu have benefited. We would crush UVA instate every year and keep UNC out of the tidewater. Plus the 5 star guys would have a team in their home state that plays in the best conference in the nation. And then we'd be seen as a legit destination to southern recruits.
I'm not sure Beamer would win 3 conference games. What is his record against teams that are equally talented as VT? And everyone in the SEC would have the same talent as VT, even given an improvement in recruiting.

But it's an academic debate.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
I'm not sure Beamer would win 3 conference games. What is his record against teams that are equally talented as VT? And everyone in the SEC would have the same talent as VT, even given an improvement in recruiting.

But it's an academic debate.
I think he would win. Look at what ACC recruiting is giving us. The best guys want to go to play for the best conference. And actually, Beamer is known for coaching up. We would be competitive in the SEC, even with inferior talent, but not as inferior as we have now. Or offense looks like it's made of DII guys.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

a down couple of years (still above .500 tho) easy to pick us on right now, if you pay attention to recruiting and all the youth we started this year then you realize we are headed in the right direction. But yes, when good programs falter people pile on quick, happens to all of them
oaktonhokie wrote:we are not what we were.

We have lost our identity.

Used to be more physical.

Used to be feared.

Opponents used to be bruised and sore the next day.

Used to be a top team (my words.)
Now we're just another team in the acc. (Their words)

I think we're in a down period. If we get a good qb, we can be a force in two or three years.
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:Just look at how aTm and Mizzu have benefited. We would crush UVA instate every year and keep UNC out of the tidewater. Plus the 5 star guys would have a team in their home state that plays in the best conference in the nation. And then we'd be seen as a legit destination to southern recruits.
This argument kills me. I live in SEC territory. You should have heard the belly-aching when TAMU and Mizzou joined "They won't be competitive for years". It's funny because the non-SEC homers have called out the local sports guys who made those exact claims (now they don't remember making those) A&M and Mizzou took their Big 12 rosters and inside of two years one beat Bama and the other played for the league title. The SEC is fantastic but it isn't the automatic upgrade everyone makes it out to be. The pieces were in place for both the Aggies and Mizzou - VT would suffer for a long time in the SEC given its current state. We'd be like an Ole Miss - 4 to 5 league wins.