United We Stand - uwsboard.com

Virginia Tech fans discussing politics, religion, and football
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:14 am

Time zone: America/New_York

UWS DWF UWS Lunch UWS Sports UWS Help TSL Football TSL Lounge TSL MBB Acronyms Top 25 Topics

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:43 pm 

I've seen it done by others, but it seems my responses are only to the first post.

Thanx.

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:46 pm 

oaktonhokie wrote:
I've seen it done by others, but it seems my responses are only to the first post.

Thanx.

Interesting

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:47 pm 

Homebrew wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:

Thanx.

Interesting

Very.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:11 pm 

Party: Draintheswamp
oaktonhokie wrote:

Thanx.

Are you using Tapatalk? I've had a few responses mess up in tapatalk. I think it might have to do with quote tree limits?

Report this post
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:11 pm 

Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican
There is a "quote" button under each post. Hit the quote button under the post to which you wish to respond.

oaktonhokie wrote:

Thanx.

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:58 am 

Alma Mater: Penn State
Another point of protocol, when using 'quote' what is everyone's preference to typing your response below the quotes or above them? I prefer above them so I don't have to scroll down each message to the bottom to read the new info.

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:22 am 

Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party
Techmomof2 wrote:
Another point of protocol, when using 'quote' what is everyone's preference to typing your response below the quotes or above them? I prefer above them so I don't have to scroll down each message to the bottom to read the new info.

In the Tapatalk app, it puts the cursor at the end of the quoted/previous note, so if you using an iPad or smartphone, it is easier doing it like this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:51 am 

oaktonhokie wrote:

Thanx.

is this how it's done....well, guess so.

COMMUNISTS NEVER WIN!

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:54 am 

oaktonhokie wrote:

Thanx.

test...test

COMMUNISTS NEVER WIN!

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:26 am 

I like to respond above as well. Not only does it make it so you don't have to scroll, but on some boards (like TSL) you can hover over the post and see what the discussion is without having to open the thread/response. If the response is after the quote, all you see is the quote. If it's before you can see part of the actual response and determine whether it's worth opening or not.

Techmomof2 wrote:

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:59 am 

Thanx.

BigDave wrote:
There is a "quote" button under each post. Hit the quote button under the post to which you wish to respond.

oaktonhokie wrote:

Thanx.

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:03 am 

Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party
Techmomof2 wrote:

I puts em below so's you can read what I'm responding to and then get my reply in its proper context.

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:06 am 

Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party
burgrugby wrote:
Techmomof2 wrote:

I like to respond above as well. Not only does it make it so you don't have to scroll, but on some boards (like TSL) you can hover over the post and see what the discussion is without having to open the thread/response. If the response is after the quote, all you see is the quote. If it's before you can see part of the actual response and determine whether it's worth opening or not.

The hover feature is irrelevant here and it's about to be irrelevant at TSL too since there won't be a hover feature on the "new" threaded boards and the vBulletin boards are going to pure vBulletin... that's topic/linear view.

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:25 am 

Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican
Hokie CPA wrote:
burgrugby wrote:
Techmomof2 wrote:

The hover feature is irrelevant here and it's about to be irrelevant at TSL too since there won't be a hover feature on the "new" threaded boards and the vBulletin boards are going to pure vBulletin... that's topic/linear view.

I detest passionately the hover feature. It may look like a great feature when you're using it, but it bumps the page size through the roof. If that feature used AJAX, it would be great, but it doesn't - it just puts the entire post text into the response. So when you load the index page, it includes the text of every single post on that page.

Report this post
PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:38 pm 

Techmomof2 wrote:

I agree. Seems like I'm reading the same post every time with all the previous quotes coming before. Sometimes hard to decipher what the new response is. Or maybe it's just my lack of attention:)

Report this post

Time zone: America/New_York

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: