Don Lemon on Chicago Torture: ‘I Don’t Think It Was Evil'

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

Don Lemon on Chicago Torture: ‘I Don’t Think It Was Evil'

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Don Lemon, the idiot that just keeps spouting crazy/foolish nonsense.

==================================

CNN’s Don Lemon on Chicago Torture Video: ‘I Don’t Think It Was Evil’
by Katie McHugh5 Jan 20171059

CNN host Don Lemon said Wednesday evening the broadcasted torture of a bound and gagged victim in Chicago was not “evil,” adding that the suspects had “bad home training.”

News broke nationally Wednesday after a Facebook Live video showed the victim beaten, slashed, held at knifepoint, and more in a Chicago apartment while assailants are heard saying “**** white people” and “**** Trump.” Chicago police held a press conference the same day to announce an investigation is underway and four adults are in police custody. The suspects held the “traumatized” victim for as many as 48 hours, police said.

“The fact that this was a vulnerable person that was probably duped into going along with them. It appears it is someone who is mentally disabled, I think makes it even more sickening,” said guest Matt Lewis. “But at the end of the day, you just try to wrap your head around evil. That’s what this is, it’s evil. It’s brutality. It’s man’s inhumanity to man.”

“I don’t think it’s evil,” Lemon replied. “I don’t think it’s evil. I think these are young people and I think they have bad home training. I say, who is raising these young people? I have no idea who’s raising these young people. Because no one I know on Earth who is 17 years old or 70 years old would ever think of treating another person like that. It is inhumane. And you wonder, at 18 years old, where is your parent? Where’s your guardian?”

During the same discussion, Democrat strategist and former press secretary for Bernie Sanders Symone Sanders said the attack was “not a hate crime” if the suspects were motivated by “hate of Donald Trump.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... -was-evil/

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Re: Don Lemon on Chicago Torture: ‘I Don’t Think It Was Evil

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

More amazing than anything in this is that idiots like this feel the need to have a contrarian view of this. We all saw the video, they said F... white people and they were torturing someone, what the F more do you need. Are these people that much in need of attention?

I will once again though state that the whole idea of a hate crime is stupid. So what if it was motivated by race? Is tying up and torturing a person less of a crime if it is not racially motivated? These people should be locked away for life not because they are racists, but because they are inhuman and should never be allowed to have contact with a member of society again.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Don Lemon, the idiot that just keeps spouting crazy/foolish nonsense.

==================================

CNN’s Don Lemon on Chicago Torture Video: ‘I Don’t Think It Was Evil’
by Katie McHugh5 Jan 20171059

CNN host Don Lemon said Wednesday evening the broadcasted torture of a bound and gagged victim in Chicago was not “evil,” adding that the suspects had “bad home training.”

News broke nationally Wednesday after a Facebook Live video showed the victim beaten, slashed, held at knifepoint, and more in a Chicago apartment while assailants are heard saying “**** white people” and “**** Trump.” Chicago police held a press conference the same day to announce an investigation is underway and four adults are in police custody. The suspects held the “traumatized” victim for as many as 48 hours, police said.

“The fact that this was a vulnerable person that was probably duped into going along with them. It appears it is someone who is mentally disabled, I think makes it even more sickening,” said guest Matt Lewis. “But at the end of the day, you just try to wrap your head around evil. That’s what this is, it’s evil. It’s brutality. It’s man’s inhumanity to man.”

“I don’t think it’s evil,” Lemon replied. “I don’t think it’s evil. I think these are young people and I think they have bad home training. I say, who is raising these young people? I have no idea who’s raising these young people. Because no one I know on Earth who is 17 years old or 70 years old would ever think of treating another person like that. It is inhumane. And you wonder, at 18 years old, where is your parent? Where’s your guardian?”

During the same discussion, Democrat strategist and former press secretary for Bernie Sanders Symone Sanders said the attack was “not a hate crime” if the suspects were motivated by “hate of Donald Trump.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... -was-evil/
so I guess Lemon has no problem with dylan roof then. what an idiot
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

"bad home training"? Really?
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:"bad home training"? Really?
Holding aside the "not evil" comments, which are stupid if the quote is accurate, I don't see how the assertion that these thugs probably had no parents growing up is controversial. People who are raised with any sort of moral upbringing still commit crimes, but they don't do stuff like this.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
miles

Post by miles »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Holding aside the "not evil" comments, which are stupid if the quote is accurate, I don't see how the assertion that these thugs probably had no parents growing up is controversial. People who are raised with any sort of moral upbringing still commit crimes, but they don't do stuff like this.
Careful there, you'll seem like a 'neck.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
They are adults. Bringing up the parents makes it sound like an excuse.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Agree with that. Not to speak for him, but I think the outrage is how the comment (purposely) understates the severity of the crime. It's analagous a defensive attorney saying that Jeffrey Dahmer received bad sex ed and dinner etiquette training.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Curious...was anyone able to watch the whole video? I watched about 30 seconds and then had to turn it off.
CWHOKIECPA
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

I'd break the girls jaw holding the camera. Just wanted you to know that as I'm posting from my Moms basement. Just got done playing video games.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
I'd break the girls jaw holding the camera. Just wanted you to know that as I'm posting from my Moms basement. Just got done playing video games.
Sounds like bad home training
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
Liar. You're not done playing video games.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieFanDC wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
They are adults. Bringing up the parents makes it sound like an excuse.

Yep. They're old enough to understand actions have consequences...They just don't care.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Some blacks won't condemn what another black does, ever. He's a racist
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:Some blacks won't condemn what another black does, ever. He's a racist
You just gave me flashbacks to the OJ Simpson trial. I'll never forget seeing black kids hooting and hollering through the hallways after the verdict was announced. Nobody should be emotionally attached to the outcome of a trial unless they're personally associated with one of the parties to the case. But, almost every black person, it seemed, was emotionally attached to the outcome of OJ Simpson's trial in the murder of two people.

Tribalism can be ugly.
Attila T Hun

Post by Attila T Hun »

"If you aint black, you are a racist" Everyone knows that.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Some blacks won't condemn what another black does, ever. He's a racist
You just gave me flashbacks to the OJ Simpson trial. I'll never forget seeing black kids hooting and hollering through the hallways after the verdict was announced. Nobody should be emotionally attached to the outcome of a trial unless they're personally associated with one of the parties to the case. But, almost every black person, it seemed, was emotionally attached to the outcome of OJ Simpson's trial in the murder of two people.

Tribalism can be ugly.

The best was the DC sniper. When the police were lying that they were looking for a white guy, the blacks around here were up in arms, ready to kill him, etc. They were highly pissed. And then they caught Muhammad and he was black, they all suddenly shifted to "rush to judgement", "fair trial", "everyone makes mistakes" bullshit. They're just racist assholes that changed their attitude because it was another black killing people. They were going to lynch him if it was a white guy. They're the problem in America.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Tribalism can be ugly.

The best was the DC sniper. When the police were lying that they were looking for a white guy, the blacks around here were up in arms, ready to kill him, etc. They were highly pissed. And then they caught Muhammad and he was black, they all suddenly shifted to "rush to judgement", "fair trial", "everyone makes mistakes" bullshit. They're just racist assholes that changed their attitude because it was another black killing people. They were going to lynch him if it was a white guy. They're the problem in America.
Yep. I'll never forget that idiot Chief Moose:

They also glossed over the jihad angle:

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Woman who filmed the torture received probation.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... story.html
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Vienna_Hokie wrote:More amazing than anything in this is that idiots like this feel the need to have a contrarian view of this. We all saw the video, they said F... white people and they were torturing someone, what the F more do you need. Are these people that much in need of attention?

I will once again though state that the whole idea of a hate crime is stupid. So what if it was motivated by race? Is tying up and torturing a person less of a crime if it is not racially motivated? These people should be locked away for life not because they are racists, but because they are inhuman and should never be allowed to have contact with a member of society again.

Yep
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

USN_Hokie wrote:Woman who filmed the torture received probation.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... story.html
What is wrong with Chicago?.......oh........

Unbelievable.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function