Bret Easton Ellis: People are f'ing crazy. Get a grip.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

Bret Easton Ellis: People are f'ing crazy. Get a grip.

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

The saddest part about this is that there are not more Bret Easton Ellis' in Hollywood that recognize this insanity.

==========================================================

Bret Easton Ellis Says He Was Called a "Trump Apologist" While Leaving L.A.'s Sunset Tower Hotel
4:26 PM PDT 7/16/2017 by THR Staff

After attending a Hollywood dinner, the 'American Psycho' writer tweeted he "wasn't having political discussions anymore" because they cause "too much insanity."

Writer Bret Easton Ellis says he was called a "Trump apologist" and accused of colluding with Russia while leaving the Sunset Tower Hotel in Los Angeles. Ellis — who has been open about his thoughts on Hollywood liberals who continue to denounce Trump and not accept his presidency — also questioned whether the left is "nuts" on Twitter.

The American Psycho writer says political discussions are "ruining" his dinner. He posted on Twitter that he was yelled at and called a "Trump apologist" recently.

"Defending the American voter I'm yelled at in Sunset Tower for being a Trump apologist and colluding with Russia. Is the Left **** NUTS?" Ellis tweeted Saturday night.

Prior to tweeting about his encounter, he shared that he was at "another dinner with the Hollywood liberal establishment defending HRC, fake news, intersectionality, identity politics, PC virtue signaling."
The American Psycho writer has been candid about his thoughts on Trump's presidency has affected his life in the past. One of his podcasts featured a monologue on his podcast where he said that "childish meltdowns" from liberals are affecting his dinners.

“You can dislike the fact that Trump was elected, yes, definitely, and yet still understand and accept ultimately that he was elected this time around. Or you can have a complete mental and emotional collapse and let the Trump presidency define you, which I think is absurd," said Ellis on one of his podcasts.

In February, Ellis told the Irish Examiner he didn't vote for Trump, but added: "I'm just saying the hysteria is bothering me a lot more than the reality of what he's doing."

Last year, Ellis shared on social media an observation on the amount of people that were Trump supporters. He posted that while having dinner with friends and a couple he was surprised to find out that majority of the table were Trump supporters.

A request for comment from Ellis was not immediately returned.
Last night I had dinner in West Hollywood with a few friends and a couple I had never met before and I was surprised that by the end of the dinner the majority of the table (mostly Hollywood insiders) admitted they were supporting Donald Trump for President. When I got back home I tweeted about this at 11 PM (on a Saturday night--who is even listening??) thinking it was just mildly interesting and no one would pay much attention. I was shocked today to see that the tweet had been liked and re-tweeted as much as it had been--re-tweeted in-fact by Donald Trump himself. This was just an observation I made and not necessarily an endorsement. It was a shock that announced itself to me culminating in a week in which I had run into many people in LA who were Trump supporters, suggesting that, yet again, the national media had gotten this narrative completely wrong: their hope is not, apparently, the reality. That is all.

https://www.facebook.com/BretEastonElli ... 49807598:0
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/b ... el-1021572

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)