Predictably, the narrative now is that the National Anthem

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
CFB Apologist

Predictably, the narrative now is that the National Anthem

Post by CFB Apologist »

Is "indoctrination" and why should we stand at all. And of course that "THIRD VERSE" that is not sung anymore. Nolan wants to punt the ball and have a national anthem, but never play it in public... But "indoctrination"? LOL
cwtcr hokie

Re: Predictably, the narrative now is that the National Anth

Post by cwtcr hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:Is "indoctrination" and why should we stand at all. And of course that "THIRD VERSE" that is not sung anymore. Nolan wants to punt the ball and have a national anthem, but never play it in public... But "indoctrination"? LOL
and do not ever mention the pledge of allegience, total trigger
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:Is "indoctrination" and why should we stand at all. And of course that "THIRD VERSE" that is not sung anymore. Nolan wants to punt the ball and have a national anthem, but never play it in public... But "indoctrination"? LOL
The pledge is a bit much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

I miss something here?

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Yeah, while you could argue the National Anthem doesn't need to be played as often as it is, especially before every single sporting event, the pledge of allegiance every single day for school kids has always seemed a bit silly to me for a country built on freedom, such as America.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Yeah, while you could argue the National Anthem doesn't need to be played as often as it is, especially before every single sporting event, the pledge of allegiance every single day for school kids has always seemed a bit silly to me for a country built on freedom, such as America.
Seems kind of Nazi-like for me too.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

BG Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Pledges and the like exist to build men of character who respect our nation and defend it because they'll have to deal with dickheads like yourself that don't understand it and will abuse their freedoms to be douchebags and thusly ruin it. It's how society grows people that clean up after you, you should appreciate them as they enable you to live in your bubble. The NFL kneelers are worse as they're teaching kids to support cop killers and be disrespectful towards law enforcement. Again, you'll be a douche and call the cops pigs or whatever because they bursted up your weed smoking, but that same attack by urban kids can get them killed and make their craphole neighborhoods completely gang controlled lands so the stakes are higher for them.
Last edited by awesome guy on Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Pledges and the like exist to built men of character who respect our nation and defend it because they'll have to deal with dickheads like yourself that don't understand it and will abuse their freedoms to be douchebags and thusly ruin it. It's how society grows people that clean up after you, you should appreciate them as they enable you to live in your bubble. The NFL kneelers are worse as they're teaching kids to support cop killers and be disrespectful towards law enforcement. Again, you'll be a douche and call the cops pigs or whatever because they bursted up your weed smoking, but that same attack by urban kids can get them killed and make their craphole neighborhoods completely gang controlled lands so the stakes are higher for them.
[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Pledges and the like exist to built men of character who respect our nation and defend it because they'll have to deal with dickheads like yourself that don't understand it and will abuse their freedoms to be douchebags and thusly ruin it. It's how society grows people that clean up after you, you should appreciate them as they enable you to live in your bubble. The NFL kneelers are worse as they're teaching kids to support cop killers and be disrespectful towards law enforcement. Again, you'll be a douche and call the cops pigs or whatever because they bursted up your weed smoking, but that same attack by urban kids can get them killed and make their craphole neighborhoods completely gang controlled lands so the stakes are higher for them.
Yep. It's only "Nazi like" if you're somebody who hates what this country stands for.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

Example B of a douchebag hiding under the freedom granted by those who respect the nation.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Yep. It's only "Nazi like" if you're somebody who hates what this country stands for.

like I said, guaranteed trigger and the usual suspects chimed in
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

They'd rather run around thinking they're in a police state because they can't smoke weed or people yell at you for walking out in front of traffic. Every organism has an asshole, I guess they have a purpose too.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

BG Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Playing the American national song "too much" is offensive/unnecessary/annoying- for Non-americans.. and the Government should also stop asking people if they are loyal to the US government on clearances, etc- that's not freedom, you're right.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote: They'd rather run around thinking they're in a police state because they can't smoke weed or people yell at you for walking out in front of traffic. Every organism has an asshole, I guess they have a purpose too.
Speaking of assholes, boy IP sure is f***** with the new Republican tax proposal.
Last edited by USN_Hokie on Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

That's fascinating.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote: They'd rather run around thinking they're in a police state because they can't smoke weed or people yell at you for walking out in front of traffic. Every organism has an asshole, I guess they have a purpose too.
Speaking of assholes, boy IP sure is f***** with the new Republican tax proposal.
I'm not seeing that, but OK.

I do see though that they want to eliminate the AMT.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: and do not ever mention the pledge of allegience, total trigger

Example B of a douchebag hiding under the freedom granted by those who respect the nation.
I don't stand for the Pledge, but do stand for the anthem.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
That's fascinating.

The anthem and pledge are meant as unifying acts. Your smug, half-smart interpretation only demonstrates your contempt and hate for average Americans (imagine your "neck" family).

The people who have problems committing to something greater than themselves also find themselves failing in relationships. I'd love to see a venn diagram of pledge/anthem haters, atheists, and failed relationships. I bet it would look like a fuzzy circle.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

:lol: Proclaiming loyalty and commitment to the idea of liberty and justice for all? That's nazi-like to y'all? Seriously?! :lol:
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

FTR I haven't recited the Pledge of Allegiance in years. I don't remember the last time.

I don't stand for the National Anthem at home when it's played on TV and don't give a rat's ass if those who are at the event live don't stand. If I'm at a live event I always stand because I want to stand...not because I have to stand. My son can't stand and I've actually had assholes comment on him not standing...never mind that I'm standing there next to him in his wheelchair.

I don't like to see politics involved in our sports but it's there. This whole issue would be over in 3 seconds if the idiotic kerosene MSM would just let the flame die out instead of fanning it. Colin Kaepernick was nothing more than a marginal player at the time and no damn way deserves this idiotic attention.

Trump also poured more fuel to the fire trying to fire up Strange's fan base in Alabama...please Mr. Trump be quiet and leave the sports punditry alone.

To ESPN, CBS Sports, NBC Sports, Fox Sports and whomever sports STHU and cover the sporting event...take your politics and shove it up your asses.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Major Kong wrote:FTR I haven't recited the Pledge of Allegiance in years. I don't remember the last time.

I don't stand for the National Anthem at home when it's played on TV and don't give a rat's ass if those who are at the event live don't stand. If I'm at a live event I always stand because I want to stand...not because I have to stand. My son can't stand and I've actually had assholes comment on him not standing...never mind that I'm standing there next to him in his wheelchair.

I don't like to see politics involved in our sports but it's there. This whole issue would be over in 3 seconds if the idiotic kerosene MSM would just let the flame die out instead of fanning it. Colin Kaepernick was nothing more than a marginal player at the time and no damn way deserves this idiotic attention.

Trump also poured more fuel to the fire trying to fire up Strange's fan base in Alabama...please Mr. Trump be quiet and leave the sports punditry alone.

To ESPN, CBS Sports, NBC Sports, Fox Sports and whomever sports STHU and cover the sporting event...take your politics and shove it up your asses.
+1
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

I didn't think schools started the day with the Pledge anymore.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
I'm not seeing that, but OK.

I do see though that they want to eliminate the AMT.

I'm game for that! The AMT kills me.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

RiverguyVT wrote::lol: Proclaiming loyalty and commitment to the idea of liberty and justice for all? That's nazi-like to y'all? Seriously?! :lol:

Amazing isn't it.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
That's fascinating.

The anthem and pledge are meant as unifying acts. Your smug, half-smart interpretation only demonstrates your contempt and hate for average Americans (imagine your "neck" family).

The people who have problems committing to something greater than themselves also find themselves failing in relationships. I'd love to see a venn diagram of pledge/anthem haters, atheists, and failed relationships. I bet it would look like a fuzzy circle.
Also fascinating Cap'n.