Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Pence leaves 49ers @ Colts game...

Post by Major Kong »

right after the National Anthem.

Several members of the 49ers took a knee and Pence left in protest of the 49ers taking the knee.

Members of the Indianapolis Colts team did not take a knee.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Pence leaves 49ers @ Colts game...

Post by USN_Hokie »

Good on him, I guess...but what was he thinking would happen? That's like going to a strip club and leaving in protest when you see a nipple.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Pence was told by Trump to leave if that happened. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:Good on him, I guess...but what was he thinking would happen? That's like going to a strip club and leaving in protest when you see a nipple.
Virtue signaling.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Good on him, I guess...but what was he thinking would happen? That's like going to a strip club and leaving in protest when you see a nipple.
Virtue signaling.

Sure, and your virtues are shared with the guys who support cop killers. Maybe it's time to reevaluate what you stand for.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Virtue signaling.

Sure, and your virtues are shared with the guys who support cop killers. Maybe it's time to reevaluate what you stand for.
ip has a pair of Kaep's piggy socks.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Virtue signaling.

I'll respectfully submit that you've misrepresented my virtues.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

My thought is the home team didn't kneel and stood for the anthem.

Pence left because the visiting team kneeled. Why not respect the Indiana Home team for standing and stay at the game :?:

The optics to me is that the 49ers won the "duel" today. The VPOTUS got persnickety because members of the 49ers exercised their constitutional right.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Virtue signaling.

oink oink.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:Why not respect the Indiana Home team for standing and stay at the game :?:

The optics to me is that the 49ers won the "duel" today. The VPOTUS got persnickety because members of the 49ers exercised their constitutional right.
C'mon, you know that's not how the media would've portrayed it. It would have been "Pence defies Trump". The media/left is all-in on undermining this presidency and the US Constitution.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Virtue signaling.

oink oink.
Calling out bad cops is not akin to supporting cop killers.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Virtue signaling.

oink oink.

So which is BLM?
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Major Kong wrote:My thought is the home team didn't kneel and stood for the anthem.

Pence left because the visiting team kneeled. Why not respect the Indiana Home team for standing and stay at the game :?:

It was pretty bizarre. Was he under orders by Trump to attend the game and make a spectacle of something everyone knew was going to occur?

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
Major Kong wrote:My thought is the home team didn't kneel and stood for the anthem.

It was pretty bizarre. Was he under orders by Trump to attend the game and make a spectacle of something everyone knew was going to occur?

Hey, maybe he thought they would stand out of respect for the VPOTUS attending...or maybe the players are animals with no moral agency. I don't know.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

"Exercised constitutional right" in a crappy and insulting way, even if free speech has bounds and taking a knee during office hours falls outside that. Pence got it right, leave when the players behave stupidly.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:

"Exercised constitutional right" in a crappy and insulting way, even if free speech has bounds and taking a knee during office hours falls outside that. Pence got it right, leave when the players behave stupidly.
Correct. It's not just exercising their constitutional right, it's doing so in a manner that's disrespectful and offensive to others. This isn't an argument or "starting a conversation", it's a provocation.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: Virtue signaling.

oink oink.

So which is BLM?
I'm not a member of BLM.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Not supporting disrespect of the national anthem = systematic oppression.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote: I'm not a member of BLM.

Right, you just support them...unless they want to live near you.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: I'm not a member of BLM.

Right, you just support them...unless they want to live near you.
That's incorrect.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:

Jack Galt
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: none of the above

Post by Jack Galt »

Major Kong wrote:right after the National Anthem.

Several members of the 49ers took a knee and Pence left in protest of the 49ers taking the knee.

Members of the Indianapolis Colts team did not take a knee.
Maybe he didn't want to watch a suck ass team who is now 0-5 (0-4 before the game ) whose only draw is trying to piss people off by their antics? I'm sure he was there for Peyton being honored but demonstrated his Constitutional right to not put up with the provocation. Based on the comments by one of the suck ass 49ers, they were definitely trying to provoke people.
"Russia? The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.” - B. Obama

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Hey, maybe he thought they would stand out of respect for the VPOTUS attending...or maybe the players are animals with no moral agency. I don't know.
LOL

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

This was a designed political stunt. Nothing more. Nothing less.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

nolanvt wrote:This was a designed political stunt. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Sad!