Papa Johns pulls NFL ads citing NFL success.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Papa Johns pulls NFL ads citing NFL success.

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Re: Papa Johns pulls NFL ads citing NFL success.

Post by HokieJoe »

All is well in the NFL!
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Apparently, no ads were pulled. Just took out the “Official Sponsor” line from those ads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:Apparently, no ads were pulled. Just took out the “Official Sponsor” line from those ads.

Do you think they paid the NFL for that official sponsor title (and elimination of competitors advertising? You think they are still going to pay the NFL for that?
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:Apparently, no ads were pulled. Just took out the “Official Sponsor” line from those ads.

Do you think they paid the NFL for that official sponsor title (and elimination of competitors advertising? You think they are still going to pay the NFL for that?
I’m sure they did, but no ads were pulled. If they’re a well-run business, they’ll adapt and not be so reliant on the NFL.

ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:

The article was unclear IMO, but I think they removed the “Official” tag - which they probably paid for. In return, the NFL gave them additional add time.

As a Dominos shareholder and customer, I find that their expected problems are due more to shitty pizza.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

The article was unclear IMO, but I think they removed the “Official” tag - which they probably paid for. In return, the NFL gave them additional add time.

As a Dominos shareholder and customer, I find that their expected problems are due more to shitty pizza.

Dominos, Papa Johns, Little Caesar’s......all crap pizza.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:[
You live in NYC and get your pizza from Dominos?

"You can take the 'neck out of the backwoods...."
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:

He's got ya here IP. I'd be ashamed, with all of those great money laundering operations on every corner to pick from, Dominoes is what a neck would choose.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

I’m sure they did, but no ads were pulled. If they’re a well-run business, they’ll adapt and not be so reliant on the NFL.

So which is it? The NFL is this fantastic money machine, humming along, with no problems and any business should want to ride their coattails? Or Papa Johns shouldn't be so reliant on a business like the NFL, one that could negatively impact their revenue? Think hard before you answer and then speak clearly -- we want to make sure we understand you as you talk out of both sides of you're mouth.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Are you so afraid to be on the streets of NYC at night that you have to order in from Dominos?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

He's got ya here IP. I'd be ashamed, with all of those great money laundering operations on every corner to pick from, Dominoes is what a neck would choose.
Got it.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Got it.

We're obviously focused on the consumption aspect, not investment.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote: Image
1. No arguments that dominoes is popular with people whose houses have wheels or are paid for by the government.

2. You like to live life dangerously? Charge your phone!
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Got it.

We're obviously focused on the consumption aspect, not investment.
Obviously. I have to drive 20minutes to get good pizza in CO. My son wanted to order Little Caesar’s one night and we had to have that talk......
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Here in 'neck Marion, Domino's shut down years ago...no business.

We do have a Pizza Hut and Little Creaser's though...the best place is Pizza Perfect owned by a nice Greek Couple.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

So which is it? The NFL is this fantastic money machine, humming along, with no problems and any business should want to ride their coattails? Or Papa Johns shouldn't be so reliant on a business like the NFL, one that could negatively impact their revenue? Think hard before you answer and then speak clearly -- we want to make sure we understand you as you talk out of both sides of you're mouth.
I only asserted that Papa Johns didn’t pull any ads, which is accurate.

If Papa Johns is losing money because of a NFL decline, then it needs to evolve. Of course, that statement relies on PJs assertion as fact. I haven’t nor care to analyze their performance to see why their numbers are actually down.

CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

If Papa Johns is losing money because of a NFL decline, then it needs to evolve. Of course, that statement relies on PJs assertion as fact. I haven’t nor care to analyze their performance to see why their numbers are actually down.

What he is saying is simply..."NFL ratings are down and that's bad for sponsors"- he's right about that at face value. Basic economics. He did not make his point very clear, and tied ratings to kneeling- which some will deny until the day they die, thus the "controversy".
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Major Kong wrote:Here in 'neck Marion, Domino's shut down years ago...no business.

We do have a Pizza Hut and Little Creaser's though...the best place is Pizza Perfect owned by a nice Greek Couple.

Ever tried Pizza Town in Lebanon? Good people, good food. Mom and Pop are originally from Naples.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

What he is saying is simply..."NFL ratings are down and that's bad for sponsors"- he's right about that at face value. Basic economics. He did not make his point very clear, and tied ratings to kneeling- which some will deny until the day they die, thus the "controversy".
Then, you’re wanting me to defend an argument I’m not making.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Not true. You intimated that Papa Johns needs to adapt and not be so reliant on the NFL. But if the NFL is such a money making machine with no problems, why shouldn't PJs ride their coattails?
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Not true. You intimated that Papa Johns needs to adapt and not be so reliant on the NFL. But if the NFL is such a money making machine with no problems, why shouldn't PJs ride their coattails?
If it’s the case his numbers are down because of the NFL, yes, but I don’t know why his numbers are actually down to the degree they are.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote: Do you think they paid the NFL for that official sponsor title (and elimination of competitors advertising? You think they are still going to pay the NFL for that?

If it’s the case his numbers are down because of the NFL, yes, but I don’t know why his numbers are actually down to the degree they are.

I’m not sure that their numbers are even down. I think PJ stated that numbers will go down in the future due to the NFL. If I were a shareholder, I’d be suspicious.

TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

ip_law-hokie wrote: I’m not sure that their numbers are even down. I think PJ stated that numbers will go down in the future due to the NFL. If I were a shareholder, I’d be suspicious.

Yeah, beat earnings estimates, lowered outlook. Maybe they have a lower outlook because they are no longer the official pizza sponsor of the week in, week out TV program that gets the most viewers.
People who know, know.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: I’m not sure that their numbers are even down. I think PJ stated that numbers will go down in the future due to the NFL. If I were a shareholder, I’d be suspicious.

Yeah, beat earnings estimates, lowered outlook. Maybe they have a lower outlook because they are no longer the official pizza sponsor of the week in, week out TV program that gets the most viewers.
Thanks for chirping in. You think they lowered their outlook because they are dropping naming rights? C'mon, you aren't that stupid.