Louisiana Justice

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Louisiana Justice

Post by ip_law-hokie »

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Louisiana Justice

Post by awesome guy »

What's your take? How can law enforcement extract meaning from retard language? This looks like a case of playing a stupid game and winning a stupid prize. If he spoke English then he'd have no problem, though there is merit in the arguments to give him the benefit of doubt.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

Ebonics and (allegedly) raping two juveniles will get after ya
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

I don't get it. Are the cops so dumb that they actually thought the perp wanted a canine attorney? And even if they did, how does that not count as invoking his right to counsel?
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

BigDave wrote:I don't get it. Are the cops so dumb that they actually thought the perp wanted a canine attorney? And even if they did, how does that not count as invoking his right to counsel?
I'm guessing perhaps that they he was read his rights and his scum defense attorney is using semantics to try to beat a double rape charge.. just a guess
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

CFB Apologist wrote:
BigDave wrote:I don't get it. Are the cops so dumb that they actually thought the perp wanted a canine attorney? And even if they did, how does that not count as invoking his right to counsel?
I'm guessing perhaps that they he was read his rights and his scum defense attorney is using semantics to try to beat a double rape charge.. just a guess
They don't dispute that he was read his rights.

At issue is that if you ask for a lawyer, all questioning has to stop until you are provided with a lawyer. If they question him after that point, then it's inadmissible. The request is on tape, so there's no question what the sequence of events was.

He asked for a lawyer dog (or lawyer, dawg). If that constitutes a request for a lawyer, then his confession is inadmissible ...
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

BigDave wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
They don't dispute that he was read his rights.

At issue is that if you ask for a lawyer, all questioning has to stop until you are provided with a lawyer. If they question him after that point, then it's inadmissible. The request is on tape, so there's no question what the sequence of events was.

He asked for a lawyer dog (or lawyer, dawg). If that constitutes a request for a lawyer, then his confession is inadmissible ...
Got it.. and yeah if they are really saying that "lawyer dawg" in this context is ambiguous, then charges should be dropped and he should be set free. No detective that advanced past 6th grade would mistake that for him asking for a talking law school grad dog, or a lawyer for his dog at home..nobody would think that.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Louisiana.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/ ... iguous_jus

what did he say to the cops he wants suppressed? per the story he said he did not do it, I would want that in the court case if I was him. But if he confessed to the crimes then for sure we should let a guy confessing to committing acts on minors to be set free so he can continue to do that to other people.....great plan.

But if they throw it out just prove it another way, there is still a trial to do
FireFuente
Alma Mater: VT

Post by FireFuente »

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

FireFuente wrote:Image
That’s great.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

what did he say to the cops he wants suppressed? per the story he said he did not do it, I would want that in the court case if I was him. But if he confessed to the crimes then for sure we should let a guy confessing to committing acts on minors to be set free so he can continue to do that to other people.....great plan.

But if they throw it out just prove it another way, there is still a trial to do
I don’t know what he said. That’s not at all the point.

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

The State Supreme Court should have found for Mr. Demesme in my honest non legal opinion.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

There is still a trial wether his admission is part of it or not but again, I really want a molester let go on that weak of a technicality, maybe you can let him babysit your kids
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

There is still a trial wether his admission is part of it or not but again, I really want a molester let go on that weak of a technicality, maybe you can let him babysit your kids
Got it.