The gov race.

Post by oaktonhokie »

If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
FireFuente
Alma Mater: VT

Re: The gov race.

Post by FireFuente »

Meh, that article is 100% right but it doesn't matter.

My prediction: Northam wins easily by 3-5 points as NoVA continues to transform the state into Maryland.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

FireFuente wrote:Meh, that article is 100% right but it doesn't matter.

My prediction: Northam wins easily by 3-5 points as NoVA continues to transform the state into Maryland.
After documents came out showing that he coordinated with the "Latino Victory Fund" on that racist fear-mongering disgusting ad? It would be a black mark on America if he wins after that.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

It will be interesting to monitor the cheating that goes on here. As evidenced by the Hispanic ad, desperate times call for desperate measures.

How will I be able to tell if my deceased father, "voted?"

If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
FireFuente
Alma Mater: VT

Post by FireFuente »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

After documents came out showing that he coordinated with the "Latino Victory Fund" on that racist fear-mongering disgusting ad? It would be a black mark on America if he wins after that.
Well then take the cap off your sharpie and get ready.

Your typical middle class (white) Democrat voter (like the ones that will put Northam over the top) believe they have a moral obligation to vote Democrat. Republicans are racist/sexist/homophobic/evil so voting for Gillespie is not even an option.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

oaktonhokie wrote:It will be interesting to monitor the cheating that goes on here. As evidenced by the Hispanic ad, desperate times call for desperate measures.

No kidding. The last decade shows the DNC is a criminal enterprise.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:It will be interesting to monitor the cheating that goes on here. As evidenced by the Hispanic ad, desperate times call for desperate measures.

You guys already breaking out the loser talk?
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Breaking out the truth!

[emoji375][emoji375]
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Breaking out the truth!

[emoji375][emoji375]
I just took a look at the polls, and it makes (more) sense now.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Breaking out the truth!

[emoji375][emoji375]
I just took a look at the polls, and it makes (more) sense now.
Same ones that had Hillary! at 97% president...
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

It doesn't matter if Northam wins. The General Assembly is going to stay firmly GOP for the next few decades. There are a LOT of Democrats voting for blue candidates, but they all live in relatively few Delegate districts. The House of Delegates gets its Democrats from NoVASucks, Richmond, Charlottesville, Montgomery County, Norfolk, and P-town. The rest of the Commonwealth is VERY red and seems to be getting more determined to keep the Assembly under Republican control. Those guys aren't going to give a Democrat governor anything they want. On pure spite.

Four more years of Gridlock! Which isn't a bad thing -- unless you want the highway improvements to be paid for. These guys should at least raise the gas tax.
Last edited by Hokie CPA on Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

[/quote]No kidding. The last decade shows the DNC is a criminal enterprise.[/quote]

You guys already breaking out the loser talk?[/quote]Breaking out the truth!

[emoji375][emoji375][/quote]

I just took a look at the polls, and it makes (more) sense now.[/quote]Same ones that had Hillary! at 97% president...[/quote]

Not really, but yes, the polls were off a little last time. Hillary did win the popular vote by 3M. And there will be no electoral college to save you tomorrow.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Not really, but yes, the polls were off a little last time. Hillary did win the popular vote by 3M. And there will be no electoral college to save you tomorrow.
Yeah, illegals in CA gave her the popular vote.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Got it.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Got it.
It's a fact
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Got it.
It's a fact
OK.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Got it.
It's a fact
OK.
We'll see shortly. It's going to be cold and wet tomorrow, weather that melts your base of snowflakes.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Usually, Virginia gubernatorial elections are a referendum on the previous governor more than anything else. Wilder as governor was wildly unpopular and Allen beat him. Allen was wildly popular and so Gilmore followed him. Gilmore was unpopular and so Mark Warner was elected. For some reason, people like Mark Warner, and so Tim Kaine was elected to follow him. Kaine was a complete doofus and Bob McDonnell followed him. McDonnell had his hand out to anyone who would fill it (sure, what he did may not have technically been illegal, but it sure as heck was unethical) and so we got stuck with Terry McAwful.

McAuliffe, as awful as he is, has a respectable (but not outstanding) approval rating of 52%. That should point to a close win for the democrat.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

BigDave wrote:Usually, Virginia gubernatorial elections are a referendum on the previous governor more than anything else. Wilder as governor was wildly unpopular and Allen beat him. Allen was wildly popular and so Gilmore followed him. Gilmore was unpopular and so Mark Warner was elected. For some reason, people like Mark Warner, and so Tim Kaine was elected to follow him. Kaine was a complete doofus and Bob McDonnell followed him. McDonnell had his hand out to anyone who would fill it (sure, what he did may not have technically been illegal, but it sure as heck was unethical) and so we got stuck with Terry McAwful.

McAuliffe, as awful as he is, has a respectable (but not outstanding) approval rating of 52%. That should point to a close win for the democrat.
Haven't been following the race, but if the Northam campaign has been doing it "right", it will be made difficult for the moderate voter to disassociate Gillispie with Trump.
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:Usually, Virginia gubernatorial elections are a referendum on the previous governor more than anything else. Wilder as governor was wildly unpopular and Allen beat him. Allen was wildly popular and so Gilmore followed him. Gilmore was unpopular and so Mark Warner was elected. For some reason, people like Mark Warner, and so Tim Kaine was elected to follow him. Kaine was a complete doofus and Bob McDonnell followed him. McDonnell had his hand out to anyone who would fill it (sure, what he did may not have technically been illegal, but it sure as heck was unethical) and so we got stuck with Terry McAwful.

Haven't been following the race, but if the Northam campaign has been doing it "right", it will be made difficult for the moderate voter to disassociate Gillispie with Trump.
Practically every commercial I see tries to make it sound like Trump, DeVos, and Gillespie are all one person. But really, it's a farce - anyone with a modicum of sense knows that Gillespie has been distancing himself from Trump and agrees with Trump about almost nothing, with the possible exception that MS-13 gangs shouldn't be murdering people.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

BigDave wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Practically every commercial I see tries to make it sound like Trump, DeVos, and Gillespie are all one person. But really, it's a farce - anyone with a modicum of sense knows that Gillespie has been distancing himself from Trump and agrees with Trump about almost nothing, with the possible exception that MS-13 gangs shouldn't be murdering people.
Don’t hate the player, hate the game. If I was Northam’e campaign manager, I’d do the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Don’t hate the player, hate the game. If I was Northam’e campaign manager, I’d do the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And the same campaign runs an ad about their guy's time at VMI and how he upheld the honor code, "I will not cheat, lie, or steal, nor tolerate those who do."

Running disingenuous ads make him a hypocrite. But then again, I don't think are any politicians in ANY major parties who aren't hypocrites, so big deal. As I said above... it doesn't matter who wins. The GA isn't going to do anything that needs to be done. I'm likely voting for Hyra. But I still may vote for Gillespie.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

BigDave

Post by BigDave »

Hokie CPA wrote:As I said above... it doesn't matter who wins. The GA isn't going to do anything that needs to be done. I'm likely voting for Hyra. But I still may vote for Gillespie.
Actually it does matter who wins.

We have one less GOP seat in congress because we have a democrat governor. When the courts overruled Virginia's congressional districts, the legislature redrew them to comply with the court's demands. But McAuliffe vetoed the bill. The end result was that the court redrew the districts itself and cut Randy Forbes out of his seat. We now have one of the worst and most leftist state senators as our congressman because of it.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Should have been his "macacca" moment, if there was a true press.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

BigDave wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:As I said above... it doesn't matter who wins. The GA isn't going to do anything that needs to be done. I'm likely voting for Hyra. But I still may vote for Gillespie.
Actually it does matter who wins.

We have one less GOP seat in congress because we have a democrat governor. When the courts overruled Virginia's congressional districts, the legislature redrew them to comply with the court's demands. But McAuliffe vetoed the bill. The end result was that the court redrew the districts itself and cut Randy Forbes out of his seat. We now have one of the worst and most leftist state senators as our congressman because of it.
Also matters when the governor sign an EO allowing convicted felons to vote.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)