I cast the 352nd ballot in my precinct this morning at 9:00.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

I cast the 352nd ballot in my precinct this morning at 9:00.

Post by Hokie CPA »

Voted for Hyra, Vogel, Adams, Holcombe, Stolle, Stolle, Kellam, and Atkinson.

John Atkinson is being challenged for Treasurer for the first time in I don't know how long. I think it's because he was so instrumental in killing the light rail money pit last year. I see that as an awesome reason to vote for the man again!
Last edited by Hokie CPA on Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Re: I cast the 352nd ballot in my precinct this morning at 9

Post by BigDave »

Northram thanks you for your support!
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
Hokie CPA

Post by Hokie CPA »

BigDave wrote:Northram thanks you for your support!
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Hokie CPA wrote:Voted for Hyra, Vogel, Adams, Holcombe, Stolle, Stolle, Kellam, and Atkinson.

John Atkinson is being challenged for Treasurer for the first time in I don't know how long. I think it's because he was so instrumental in killing the light rail money pit last year. I see that as an awesome reason to vote for the man again!
I would have voted for Gillespie despite not being happy with him overall, but is slightly better than Cuccinelli.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

BigDave wrote:Northram thanks you for your support!
In this case, correct.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

I voted for Nicole.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:I voted for Nicole.

Suuuuure....... ;)
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Don't know my number, but stood in line next to a guy who was clearly -*CLEARLY*- learning disabled. He struck up a convo with me. I doubt he could pass a drivers test. A seven year old's mind in a 35 yr old's body. No exaggeration. But there he was, in line, ballot marked for Northam in-hand.

But.. he also had John Adams marked, so...
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

My sister is retarded. IQ 53. The mind of a five year old.

She was encouraged to register to vote and was told that she could.

We do not let her vote. She would vote for whomever we told her to. Like low information democrats do.

I don't think that is how it should be.

RiverguyVT wrote:Don't know my number, but stood in line next to a guy who was clearly -*CLEARLY*- learning disabled. He struck up a convo with me. I doubt he could pass a drivers test. A seven year old's mind in a 35 yr old's body. No exaggeration. But there he was, in line, ballot marked for Northam in-hand.

But.. he also had John Adams marked, so...
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

My question is, why is every election an referendum of Trump......lol.

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Hokie CPA wrote:Voted for Hyra, Vogel, Adams, Holcombe, Stolle, Stolle, Kellam, and Atkinson.

Paper ballots this year.
I was #423 - Eddie, Vogel, Adams and O'Quinn.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Major Kong wrote:

Paper ballots this year.
I was #423 - Eddie, Vogel, Adams and O'Quinn.
I'm glad we have a paper trail again.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieHam wrote:My question is, why is every election an referendum of Trump......lol.

Teh Wussians are coming, teh Wussians are coming...
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

HokieHam wrote:My question is, why is every election an referendum of Trump......lol.
The media will only spin it that way if the Democrat wins

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
The media will only spin it that way if the Democrat wins
And Trump lost Virginia by a little over 5 points. So if Northam wins by, say, 4 points, what does that even mean?

Is it a rejection of Trump (because Gillespie lost) or a sign that Trump has won some people over (because Gillespie outperformed Trump)?

Or maybe, just maybe, neither Hillary Clinton nor Donald Trump is on the ballot this time and it's only a question of whether Ed Gillespie or Ralph Northam is going to be our next governor.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
Hokie CPA

Post by Hokie CPA »

I don't see how Virginia's election has a damned thing to do with Trump. Clinton carried this state in 2016 and Obama carried it twice before that. If Northam wins, it business as usual. If Gillespie wins, Democrats should worry.

ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Hokie CPA wrote:
I don't see how Virginia's election has a damned thing to do with Trump. Clinton carried this state in 2016 and Obama carried it twice before that. If Northam wins, it business as usual. If Gillespie wins, Democrats should worry.
That's a fair point. I think it explains why Va Dems are, in the wonderful words of Cam Newton, butt tight.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Hokie CPA wrote:
Exactly.....but if Northam wins, it will be The Ministry of Truth in action saying Trump is doomed!