Be Civil. Go Hokies.
TheH2

Warning Fake News: Gillespie victory would vindicate Trump

Post by TheH2 »

People who know, know.
WestEndHokie39

Re: Warning Fake News: Gillespie victory would vindicate Tru

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

I agree- I mean, if an establishment Republican with no charisma could have defeated Northam, that would be YUGE news. However, EdG generated little enthusiasm in the establishment base in Virginia and none with voters who voted for Trump, from what I could tell.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:
I agree- I mean, if an establishment Republican with no charisma could have defeated Northam, that would be YUGE news. However, EdG generated little enthusiasm in the establishment base in Virginia and none with voters who voted for Trump, from what I could tell.
Everyone I know personally who voted for Trump voted for Gillespie. A few people I know who either voted for Hillary or voted third party voted for Gillespie.

At least one problem was that Northam, unlike Hillary, isn't a criminal who belongs in jail ... so some of the people I know who voted third party voted for Northam. Trump got 44.4% of Virginia and Gillespie got 45%. So in terms of percentage of votes won, Gillespie outperformed Trump slightly. But Northam didn't have the negatives that Hillary did so Northam outperformed Hillary by far more than Gillespie outperformed Trump.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

BigDave wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
Everyone I know personally who voted for Trump voted for Gillespie. A few people I know who either voted for Hillary or voted third party voted for Gillespie.

At least one problem was that Northam, unlike Hillary, isn't a criminal who belongs in jail ... so some of the people I know who voted third party voted for Northam. Trump got 44.4% of Virginia and Gillespie got 45%. So in terms of percentage of votes won, Gillespie outperformed Trump slightly. But Northam didn't have the negatives that Hillary did so Northam outperformed Hillary by far more than Gillespie outperformed Trump.
That's a solid take.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

I didn't expect Cousin Ed to win. :)
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Major Kong wrote:I didn't expect Cousin Ed to win. :)
Yeh, it's really a miracle that he came that close.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

HokieFanDC wrote:
Major Kong wrote:I didn't expect Cousin Ed to win. :)
Yeh, it's really a miracle that he came that close.
I actually thought Jill Vogel would have done better. I didn't think Adams would win either.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

BigDave wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:

Additionally, the democrats came out in force for the election so their numbers were gonna be good.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:

Additionally, the democrats came out in force for the election so their numbers were gonna be good.
The illegals and fellons were a big boost.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Charlottesville mobilized a lot of the nuts and galvanized their moronic belief that the Nazi party is (magically) making a comeback. They're quite the ignorant lot.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

BigDave wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:

Well, he isn't a criminal like McAuliffe, which is more directly relevant to VA. I remain amazed our state elected TerryM. Combo of ignorance, & or just not knowing 1990s recent history. Treason is no small matter.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

HokieJoe wrote:Charlottesville mobilized a lot of the nuts and galvanized their moronic belief that the Nazi party is (magically) making a comeback. They're quite the ignorant lot.
I'm still convinced that McAuliffe directed the police in a way to maximize the conflict and violence that occurred that day. And he did this to get those nuts angry and motivated to vote against Republicans. And just like they always do, the dupes fell for it hook line & sinker. Manipulating crazy people has become an art form for crooked Democrats like McAuliffe.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

BigDave wrote: Trump got 44.4% of Virginia and Gillespie got 45%. So in terms of percentage of votes won, Gillespie outperformed Trump slightly. But Northam didn't have the negatives that Hillary did so Northam outperformed Hillary by far more than Gillespie outperformed Trump.
Trump got more than a half million votes more than Gillespie. Also, Northam beat Hillary by a much larger margin % wise. It's really hard to do apples:apples between presidential elections and state/midterms.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
BigDave wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:

Well, he isn't a criminal like McAuliffe, which is more directly relevant to VA. I remain amazed our state elected TerryM. Combo of ignorance, & or just not knowing 1990s recent history. Treason is no small matter.
...but Cuccinelli wore a lapel pin which didn't have exposed nipples. Guess we had no choice but stay home or vote for the guy who calls himself a libertarian and is funded (coincidentally) by the left!

The Democrats have manipulation on the electorate down to a science in Virginia.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:
So in other words, to be an electable Republican like Trump, you need to be a coarse blow hard that is as thin skinned as a middle schooler in the face of anything negative.
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

USN_Hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote: Trump got 44.4% of Virginia and Gillespie got 45%. So in terms of percentage of votes won, Gillespie outperformed Trump slightly. But Northam didn't have the negatives that Hillary did so Northam outperformed Hillary by far more than Gillespie outperformed Trump.
Trump got more than a half million votes more than Gillespie. Also, Northam beat Hillary by a much larger margin % wise. It's really hard to do apples:apples between presidential elections and state/midterms.
Trump got more votes but turnout is much higher for a Presidential election.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
So in other words, to be an electable Republican like Trump, you need to be a coarse blow hard that is as thin skinned as a middle schooler in the face of anything negative.
That and run against a corrupt politician with no charisma who rigged the primary against her more worthy opponent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
That and run against a corrupt politician with no charisma who rigged the primary against her more worthy opponent.

If you're running in a swamp land states like NY, NJ, and VA, then yes. You have to overcome a lot of low info and illegal votes in states like that.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:

If you're running in a swamp land states like NY, NJ, and VA, then yes. You have to overcome a lot of low info and illegal votes in states like that.
Better off in more prosperous states like SC.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
.....or a conservative with core principles and values that is not part of the entrenched establishment. Of course that isn't going to happen because the party won't let them in.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:

Starting the day off with an agreeable post from IP!

#Winning
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BG Hokie wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
You're really missing it. The requirement is someone that punches back. Trump satisfies that. Granted it's better with polish like we had with Reagan, but that falls into the nice to have bucket.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:Charlottesville mobilized a lot of the nuts and galvanized their moronic belief that the Nazi party is (magically) making a comeback. They're quite the ignorant lot.
I'm still convinced that McAuliffe directed the police in a way to maximize the conflict and violence that occurred that day. And he did this to get those nuts angry and motivated to vote against Republicans. And just like they always do, the dupes fell for it hook line & sinker. Manipulating crazy people has become an art form for crooked Democrats like McAuliffe.
Yep.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Attila T Hun

Post by Attila T Hun »

Also known as low information voters.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

133743Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
.....or a conservative with core principles and values that is not part of the entrenched establishment. Of course that isn't going to happen because the party won't let them in.

Yep. That's why we need to root out the e-rats like McCain, McConnell, and Graham- one by one.