The Senate tax plan........

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

The Senate tax plan........

Post by HokieHam »

These dumbasses are going to mess up tax cuts........and they will lose the Senate and House if they don’t get it done.

I’m making this prediction now.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: The Senate tax plan........

Post by awesome guy »

They deserve to lose if they can't perform. Hopefully through primaries, but general election is fine too.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:These dumbasses are going to mess up tax cuts........and they will lose the Senate and House if they don’t get it done.

I’m making this prediction now.
Broadening the base is applaudable. But when you pick winners and losers and do it in a piecemeal fashion, it’s not going to work.

I️ agree - if they don’t have the commitment to make unpopular choices across the board, they should have just knocked down the rates and called it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

I don't see much in the way of a tax cut in the senate plan. There's a slight reduction in the top rate and a slight reduction in the bottom rate.

That's like someone who is morbidly obese saying I'm going to eat five and a half pieces of candy per night instead of six - it's really not much of a cut.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

BigDave wrote:I don't see much in the way of a tax cut in the senate plan. There's a slight reduction in the top rate and a slight reduction in the bottom rate.

That's like someone who is morbidly obese saying I'm going to eat five and a half pieces of candy per night instead of six - it's really not much of a cut.
Nope. And why delay the business tax cuts. They are morons.....
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

It's so simple if they would do their jobs. The swamp is more beholden to the lobbyists than their electorate.

But, so long as the swamp goes to church every week and wears lapel pins the Washington Post won't write OpEds about - everyone is apparently fine with screwing our children and grandchildren.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:It's so simple if they would do their jobs. The swamp is more beholden to the lobbyists than their electorate.

But, so long as the swamp goes to church every week and wears lapel pins the Washington Post won't write OpEds about - everyone is apparently fine with screwing our children and grandchildren.
Can I️ put you down as against both the House and Senate plans?

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:It's so simple if they would do their jobs. The swamp is more beholden to the lobbyists than their electorate.

Has the CBO scored them yet?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Has the CBO scored them yet?
I️ think they scored the House, but it may have been the TPC. Whoever did it came to 1.7T. Not sure.