Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: The energy put into mocking prayer is startling

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:. But it doesn't take an expert to know that assault rifle is generally used to rifles used by the military. You, as an expert :roll: :roll: , probably know that.
100% false. You should stop doing this to yourself.
You seem to think that your belief about something falls in the "general" category. It does not.
The US Army seems to think they have used many types of assault rifles over the years. You should probably alert them that there is really only one, and it's not one of theirs.
Nope. I eagerly await your link. This is going to be an education for me because I have no clue what you're talking about.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote: LOL. Cap'n bullshirt at his best. Seriously, you're not an idiot, you know I'm not talking about police. You're just purposefully being an a-hole, and you don't welcome any real discussion.
Why were you not purposely being an a-hole when you pretended only bad guys use them and wanted me to concede that point?

I thought my point was pretty clear - they do have real utility for people who are trying to save lives. I was trying to moderate the discussion towards a common understanding but it doesn't appear that you want to welcome any real discussion.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Is this some sort of triggered reaction to anyone who uses the term assault weapon to describe something that makes you feel uncomfortable. I'm sure you know there isn't one answer, and that the term has been used by lots of different people, groups, companies, to describe different things.
And I'm pretty sure you know that ip was talking about the ruger rifle that jimbo billy bob used to kill a bunch of people...didn't you?
I thought IP was talking about the rifle used to kill the gunman and defend the church? Or the most popular long gun in the US? Or, the favored weapon of law enforcement to save lives. Oh wait, they're all the same gun.

We all know the definition - a stupid phrase meant to illicit an emotional response. Sorry pointing that out triggers you.

The fact that you, IP, and the degenerates in the media can't define it is the point. "Assault weapon" is the boogeyman, and every gun they want to ban (hint: all of them) becomes an assault weapon.
LOL. You do realize that the media isn't the only group that has used the term assault weapon over the years, and it isn't just gun control nuts. Gun advocates have also used the term, and guns have been sold with the name assault weapon in their brand name.

If ppl want to have a non-generic definition, then own the discussion. Mocking people just makes everyone ignore you.
Nope. The name appearing on a magazine cover in the 90's or some other vague shirt doesn't make you any less of a retard here. Maybe you shouldn't provide smug answers of shirt you don't know about. Sorry.

Oh, what gun had assault rifle in the name again? This should be good.
You need to go back further for the use of the term, expert. As for your second question, try again bozo.
This is a silly argument. Going further back doesn't help it either.

What gun has assault rifle in the name? I'm not aware and thought I was pretty up to speed on this stuff. Maybe I'll pick one up to mount my new chainsaw bayonet to.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: LOL. Cap'n bullshirt at his best. Seriously, you're not an idiot, you know I'm not talking about police. You're just purposefully being an a-hole, and you don't welcome any real discussion.
Why were you not purposely being an a-hole when you pretended only bad guys use them and wanted me to concede that point?

I thought my point was pretty clear - they do have real utility for people who are trying to save lives. I was trying to moderate the discussion towards a common understanding but it doesn't appear that you want to welcome any real discussion.
I didn't pretend only bad guys used them, and didn't want you to concede anything. The context of the ip's post was people being murdered, you just want to change the subject. Cops use AR-15s. They use tasers. They drive cars really fast on streets. A cop having access to something, or being able to do something, is not an argument for allowing normal citizens to have, or do something.

As for military assault rifles, M16, M4? I'm sure you're playing some word game here, but I know you know that they are considered assault rifles.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

I didn't pretend only bad guys used them, and didn't want you to concede anything. The context of the ip's post was people being murdered, you just want to change the subject. Cops use AR-15s. They use tasers. They drive cars really fast on streets. A cop having access to something, or being able to do something, is not an argument for allowing normal citizens to have, or do something.

As for military assault rifles, M16, M4? I'm sure you're playing some word game here, but I know you know that they are considered assault rifles.
Cops use them in the context of people being murdered. They use them to save lives. Why would you only want to consider one side of the equation? Again, if you want to move to a statistical discussion, I'd welcome that - starting with the FBI UCR. Cops are citizens (even though some like to pretend they aren't) and have no needs which are different from the average citizen.

Last I checked, the name for the M16A2/4 was just "rifle." The M4 is just "carbine." The Marine replacement for the M249 SAW (Squad Automatic Weapon) is an AR-15 variant called the IAR, or Infantry Automatic Rifle. Nobody calls them "assault rifles."
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Is this some sort of triggered reaction to anyone who uses the term assault weapon to describe something that makes you feel uncomfortable. I'm sure you know there isn't one answer, and that the term has been used by lots of different people, groups, companies, to describe different things.
And I'm pretty sure you know that ip was talking about the ruger rifle that jimbo billy bob used to kill a bunch of people...didn't you?
I thought IP was talking about the rifle used to kill the gunman and defend the church? Or the most popular long gun in the US? Or, the favored weapon of law enforcement to save lives. Oh wait, they're all the same gun.

We all know the definition - a stupid phrase meant to illicit an emotional response. Sorry pointing that out triggers you.

The fact that you, IP, and the degenerates in the media can't define it is the point. "Assault weapon" is the boogeyman, and every gun they want to ban (hint: all of them) becomes an assault weapon.
Bingo!
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Cops use them in the context of people being murdered. They use them to save lives. Why would you only want to consider one side of the equation? Again, if you want to move to a statistical discussion, I'd welcome that - starting with the FBI UCR. Cops are citizens (even though some like to pretend they aren't) and have no needs which are different from the average citizen.

Last I checked, the name for the M16A2/4 was just "rifle." The M4 is just "carbine." The Marine replacement for the M249 SAW (Squad Automatic Weapon) is an AR-15 variant called the IAR, or Infantry Automatic Rifle. Nobody calls them "assault rifles."

This should be relatively simple.

Is the M16 selective-fire?
Does it use an intermediate cartridge?
Does it have high capacity?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

1. No. All fielded weapons except for the IAR are burst.
2. No. 5.56 is as small as they come.
3. Sure.

Glad to help.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

3. Sure.

Glad to help.
Wow.

1. You know that there are many different M16 models, and that there are several that are full-auto. And you also know that the ability to choose between semi-auto and burst, is still selective fire. Of course, as I predicted, you're attempting to use word games, "fielded", to shrink the goal, but I'm not even sure you're right about that at this point.

2. You answered a question about power with an answer about caliber. Try again. Or try using google or reading the usa today articles.

3. At least you got one right.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

3. Sure.

Glad to help.
Wow.

1. You know that there are many different M16 models, and that there are several that are full-auto. And you also know that the ability to choose between semi-auto and burst, is still selective fire. Of course, as I predicted, you're attempting to use word games, "fielded", to shrink the goal, but I'm not even sure you're right about that at this point.

2. You answered a question about power with an answer about caliber. Try again. Or try using google or reading the usa today articles.

1. The IAR is the only M16 variant (if you can even call it that - it's substantially different) currently issued which is full auto. I mentioned that, dufus. The STG-44 and copies of it were all full auto. It's irrelevant though - full autos have been banned from production for civilians since the 1986 Hughes amendment. IE, your point defeats itself - you want to ban something that's already banned and never used in crimes.

2. Nope. I'm talking about 5.56x45.

3. I got them all right.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

3. Sure.

Glad to help.
Wow.

1. The IAR is the only M16 variant (if you can even call it that - it's substantially different) currently issued which is full auto. I mentioned that, dufus. The STG-44 and copies of it were all full auto. It's irrelevant though - full autos have been banned from production for civilians since the 1986 Hughes amendment. IE, your point defeats itself - you want to ban something that's already banned and never used in crimes.

2. Nope. I'm talking about 5.56x45.

3. I got them all right.
1. Like I said, word games. Now you're going with "current". You've gone from the STG-44 is the only one, to there's only one current full auto. You can't ignore all the copies, which you've miraculously now discovered. And you're still ignoring that selective fire applies to rifles that are semi/burst only. The fact that the military wanted manufacturers to go with 3 burst b/c it is much better than full auto, doesn't change that they are still assault rifles. They are just more effective and efficient assault rifles. Goalposts, dufus.
And yes, the rest what you wrote is irrelevant, because, you went all "USN Hokie" on me by saying I want to ban something. I don't, and I've probably said that you 15 times. We'll log this one as 16. I'm sure 17 isn't far off, since the fantasy world you've created for yourself, and the made up things you've created about other people, is your reality, and is seemingly impenetrable.

2. 56x45 is an intermediate cartridge. You seem lost on this one.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

1. DC, you've gone full retard. I gave three generalized characteristics of a classic "assault rifle." You're claiming victory like a 4yo playing monopoly because your boogeyman gun met one of those characteristics in a variant 40yrs ago which is now banned.

2. Also, stop pretending you know anything about guns. You don't know wtf you're talking about...and can't even type the characters correctly.

Arguments like this make you look like retarded ideologue. Don't be a retarded ideologue.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:1. DC, you've gone full retard. I gave three generalized characteristics of a classic "assault rifle." You're claiming victory like a 4yo playing monopoly because your boogeyman gun met one of those characteristics in a variant 40yrs ago which is now banned.

2. Also, stop pretending you know anything about guns. You don't know wtf you're talking about...and can't even type the characters correctly.

Arguments like this make you look like retarded ideologue. Don't be a retarded ideologue.
I’m going to pray about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:1. DC, you've gone full retard. I gave three generalized characteristics of a classic "assault rifle." You're claiming victory like a 4yo playing monopoly because your boogeyman gun met one of those characteristics in a variant 40yrs ago which is now banned.

I’m going to pray about it.

DC needs our prayers.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

You gave the wrong characteristics. It's not intermediate caliber, it's a cartridge that is intermediate in power.
I'm not pretending to know more about guns than you, but it doesn't take much to spot your bullshirt. The M16 isn't the only one, there are dozen of military rifles that are assault rifles. You're the only person ever, that has made the claim that the STG-44 is the only assault rifle ever made. Anyone with half a brain could smell the bullshirt of that claim. Just admit it, there is more than one assault rifle.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:

You gave the wrong characteristics. It's not intermediate caliber, it's a cartridge that is intermediate in power.
I'm not pretending to know more about guns than you, but it doesn't take much to spot your bullshirt. The M16 isn't the only one, there are dozen of military rifles that are assault rifles. You're the only person ever, that has made the claim that the STG-44 is the only assault rifle ever made. Anyone with half a brain could smell the bullshirt of that claim. Just admit it, there is more than one assault rifle.
It's hilarious watching you spin and spittle over the definition of a made up word that has no bearing on those with a clue. "Assault rifle" means "scary to liberals and other classes of idiots", that's it. No go argue against chainsaw bayonets.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:

Please don't make up shirt. I never said any of that. This is a classic DC thread where you slowly educate yourself via Google, arrive at a conclusion completely at odds with or irrelevant with your original post, then claim victory. You're the pigeon playing chess, congratulations.

Idiot, or liar. Pick one.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Please don't make up shirt. I never said any of that. This is a classic DC thread where you slowly educate yourself via Google, arrive at a conclusion completely at odds with or irrelevant with your original post, then claim victory. You're the pigeon playing chess, congratulations.

Exactly which part of this did you not say?

"Actually, there is a commonly understood definition of an assault rifle (liberals broadened the term to "assault weapon" to make it more encompassing). It's an intermediate caliber, high capacity, select-fire rifle. The first (and really only) example being the STG44 Sturmgewehr (hint: that's German for assault rifle)."
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

It's hilarious watching you spin and spittle over the definition of a made up word that has no bearing on those with a clue. "Assault rifle" means "scary to liberals and other classes of idiots", that's it. No go argue against chainsaw bayonets.
Take that up with your bestie, little white knight. He's the one that said there is a commonly understood definition.

I think chainsaw bayonets are cool. $800 is kind of expensive, but it's got that "wow" factor.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

"Actually, there is a commonly understood definition of an assault rifle (liberals broadened the term to "assault weapon" to make it more encompassing). It's an intermediate caliber, high capacity, select-fire rifle. The first (and really only) example being the STG44 Sturmgewehr (hint: that's German for assault rifle)."
What is your point supposed to be, little guy? None of that corroborates your bullshit post. 5.56 isn't intermediate by any definition. You look stupid and petty quibbling over definitions you don't even understand...and weren't even aware of before being educated in this thread.

The best part is that earlier you were calling other people stupid and saying there was no definition. :lol: I'm not going to waste any more energy educating you here.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote: Take that up with your bestie, little white knight. He's the one that said there is a commonly understood definition.

I think chainsaw bayonets are cool. $800 is kind of expensive, but it's got that "wow" factor.
You better slow down. You're going to pass out before half time at this rate.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

What is your point supposed to be, little guy? None of that corroborates your bullshit post. 5.56 isn't intermediate by any definition. You look stupid and petty quibbling over definitions you don't even understand...and weren't even aware of before being educated in this thread.

The best part is that earlier you were calling other people stupid and saying there was no definition. :lol: I'm not going to waste any more energy educating you here.
Awww, you're upset that I called AG little white knight. Cute.

5.56x45. There are lots and lots of references like this...

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016 ... 5-56x45mm/

As for saying there was no definition, I said that about the term assault weapon. You're the one that took it in a different direction.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote: Awww, you're upset that I called AG little white knight. Cute.

5.56x45. There are lots and lots of references like this...

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016 ... 5-56x45mm/

As for saying there was no definition, I said that about the term assault weapon. You're the one that took it in a different direction.
Cute is watching you google things you don't know about. Congrats though, you found a blog post which calls it a small caliber round. :lol:

Hold on for the ride, folks - DC is going to to be a lot more fun by the 4th quarter.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

I️ believe you’ve stated on here that you are short

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
I️ believe you’ve stated on here that you are short

Nope. On the contrary, tallness runs in the family.