You can tell it’s almost Christmas

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

You can tell it’s almost Christmas

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Because social conservative justice warriors are pissed about the Starbucks cups.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/20/styl ... genda.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Re: You can tell it’s almost Christmas

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:Because social conservative justice warriors are pissed about the Starbucks cups.

We get this one time during tHe year........you jagoffs stay pissed the rest.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:Because social conservative justice warriors are pissed about the Starbucks cups.

Got it.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote:

[emoji375][emoji375]
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

and SJW's will be triggered by evergreen trees (its nature, and we all know that is racist)
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

and SJW's will be triggered by evergreen trees (its nature, and we all know that is racist)
Snow is white, racist!
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

Got it.

Good. You’ve been paying attention to the scream at the air days and all the other shiRt you leftists have been doing since The Triggering last November........
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Maybe you can ask Dominoes to bake some Christmas cheer into the crust of your pizza the next time you're in the mood for some fine NYC cuisine. :mrgreen:
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:

Maybe you can ask Dominoes to bake some Christmas cheer into the crust of your pizza the next time you're in the mood for some fine NYC cuisine. :mrgreen:
I don’t have a problem with the cups. Your shirt post does not make any sense.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

They’re cups........who cares.

Didn’t you say you like Dominoes or just own their stock?

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Prayers.

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Prayers.

If I live in NY City, no way in HELL am I ordering Dominoes......or any other pizza like that.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Prayers.

That's racist!
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Prayers.

If I live in NY City, no way in HELL am I ordering Dominoes......or any other pizza like that.
NY pizza is fine, but not worthy of the hype.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:NY pizza is fine, but not worthy of the hype.

You spew a lot of nonsense and silliness here, but that may take the cake. NY pizzarias crush anything from a chain, not even close. Those money laundering operations turn out a great product. They don't really care about making money on it!
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

USN_Hokie wrote:

:lol:
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote: If I live in NY City, no way in HELL am I ordering Dominoes......or any other pizza like that.
NY pizza is fine, but not worthy of the hype.

You can take the neck out of the sticks, but you can't take the sticks out of the neck.....

Seriously - you're probably conditioned to the amount of salt places like Dominos or Pizza Slut put in their pizza.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Getting away from pizza and IP for a moment....back to topic

Every year, this "story" is reported. Going back how far, I dunno. Are people REALLY upset with Starbucks? Or, are leftist media types at the NYT simply making a non-story every year, in an attempt to poke lowly, foolish, Christians?

I suspect the latter.

Starbucks is a weird little joint. I happen to like their coffee, but it is clear they market their vibe just as seriously as the beans they roast; both are the "product" they're selling. This, I think, also feeds the non-story story.

Trivia- anyone know where their name comes from? Hint: it's on the cup!
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Well that does it :!: I'm boycotting Starbucks...but 1st I'd have to start drinking Starbucks. :)
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Major Kong wrote:Well that does it :!: I'm boycotting Starbucks...but 1st I'd have to start drinking Starbucks. :)
My favorite Starbucks story came from our old friend ValenciaHokie.
He was chuckling over his interaction with a Starbucks barista, who was forbidden from telling customers "Merry Christmas" because doing so was threatening to the fragile triggery PC, set...but whilst that phrase was forbidden, the barista happily offered customers "Christmas Blend" coffee.

He told it better...and it was funny as heck. Picture Seinfeld at the car rental desk arguing that a "reservation" is indeed a "reservation" :lol:

It was one of my all time favorite UWS posts
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

RiverguyVT wrote:Getting away from pizza and IP for a moment....back to topic

Every year, this "story" is reported. Going back how far, I dunno. Are people REALLY upset with Starbucks? Or, are leftist media types at the NYT simply making a non-story every year, in an attempt to poke lowly, foolish, Christians?

I suspect the latter.

Starbucks is a weird little joint. I happen to like their coffee, but it is clear they market their vibe just as seriously as the beans they roast; both are the "product" they're selling. This, I think, also feeds the non-story story.

It’s just a few knuckleheads and the NYSlimes blows it up to make it look like all Christians. They like to put people in their groups....

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:

I suspect the latter.

It’s just a few knuckleheads and the NYSlimes blows it up to make it look like all Christians. They like to put people in their groups....
That’s a fair critique.

I’ll also note that yesterday’s centerpiece for collective leftist thought on UWS was provided by one student in one small school publishing an Op-ed article in a newspaper with a print circulation that’s probably under 10K. So let’s not attribute your commentary as being unique to any particular source.

miles

Post by miles »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

I suspect the latter.

That’s a fair critique.

I’ll also note that yesterday’s centerpiece for collective leftist thought on UWS was provided by one student in one small school publishing an Op-ed article in a newspaper with a print circulation that’s probably under 10K. So let’s not attribute your commentary as being unique to any particular source.

Got it.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

miles wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

I suspect the latter.

That’s a fair critique.

Got it.
Yes.....let’s not do what leftists do.