Props to the 4th Circuit and SC

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Props to the 4th Circuit and SC

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Allowing the 4th circuit's ruling that semi-automatic rifles are not constitutionally protected. Good stuff here.

http://thefederalist.com/2017/11/27/sup ... -ban-case/
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Re: Props to the 4th Circuit and SC

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:Allowing the 4th circuit's ruling that semi-automatic rifles are not constitutionally protected. Good stuff here.

Its a good thing criminals worry sooooo much about supreme court rulings, whew, thank god
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:Allowing the 4th circuit's ruling that semi-automatic rifles are not constitutionally protected. Good stuff here.

Its a good thing criminals worry sooooo much about supreme court rulings, whew, thank god
I’m happy the localities are allowed to govern themselves as they best see fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Where did you get your law degree?
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

On one hand, it's a terrible ruling.

On the other hand, the results of the "ban" will demonstrate how utterly useless, at best, and utterly deadly to innocent citizens, at worst, any "ban" is...

Sadly, people like ip will not learn a thing from it...
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Maybe from the same place the 4th circuit did.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Cracker Jack box?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Cracker Jack box?
so the 4th circuit is a bunch of morans?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: Its a good thing criminals worry sooooo much about supreme court rulings, whew, thank god

Cracker Jack box?
so the 4th circuit is a bunch of morans?
They are on this case, your style of tyranny.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

http://thefederalist.com/2017/11/27/sup ... -ban-case/[/quote]

Its a good thing criminals worry sooooo much about supreme court rulings, whew, thank god[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]Where did you get your law degree?[/quote]

Maybe from the same place the 4th circuit did.[/quote]Cracker Jack box?[/quote]

so the 4th circuit is a bunch of morans?[/quote]They are on this case, your style of tyranny.[/quote]

got it.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

ip_law-hokie wrote:I’m happy the localities are allowed to govern themselves as they best see fit.
... which is why we allow localities to torture suspects into confession, suppress free speech, and establish Presbyterianism as the official state religion.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

BigDave wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:I’m happy the localities are allowed to govern themselves as they best see fit.
... which is why we allow localities to torture suspects into confession, suppress free speech, and establish Presbyterianism as the official state religion.
....and secede from the union.
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

133743Hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:
....and secede from the union.
...and establish their own bathroom rules and opt out of socialized health care plan.
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Except for single payer health care, right? That would like to ram down everyone's throats...
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

BigDave wrote:
In this instance. I’m glad that localities are allowed to govern themselves as they see fit in this instance.

BigDave

Post by BigDave »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:
In this instance. I’m glad that localities are allowed to govern themselves as they see fit in this instance.

In other words, you want localities to do things you like, whether they are forced to do so by the national government or choose to do so themselves.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:

you are getting killed with your hypocrisy, you may just want to move on. As others have rightly pointed out, the rules are for all the nation but lets adjust for certain spots....not a plan that will end in good consequences.

Never mind that criminals already break lots of laws, making another one will not stop a single criminal act
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

BigDave wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:

In other words, you want localities to do things you like, whether they are forced to do so by the national government or choose to do so themselves.
unless it involves baking a cake for someone, then the gov. has to use force
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

BigDave wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:

Not at all. The predisposition should be to allow localities to do as they want. Of course there are limits. The inability to own semi-automatic weapons should not be one of those limits. I'm glad its not.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:

Not at all. The predisposition should be to allow localities to do as they want. Of course there are limits. The inability to own semi-automatic weapons should not be one of those limits. I'm glad its not.
Because?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:

you are getting killed with your hypocrisy, you may just want to move on. As others have rightly pointed out, the rules are for all the nation but lets adjust for certain spots....not a plan that will end in good consequences.

Never mind that criminals already break lots of laws, making another one will not stop a single criminal act
you don't seem to understand federalism, or the notion that some things are permitted (or not permitted) in some places, and not permitted (or permitted) in others. for example, Massachusetts has a form of "free" single payer health care. that's a good thing.
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:Not at all. The predisposition should be to allow localities to do as they want. Of course there are limits. The inability to own semi-automatic weapons should not be one of those limits. I'm glad its not.
Because?
Because IP doesn't like it.

IP, what exactly do you think a semi-automatic weapon is?

Semi-automatic only means that you don't have to re-cock it before shooting again. We're not talking about machine guns.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:

Because?
Because I value the ability of a locality to ban semi-automatic weapons over the right of citizen who chooses to live in that locality to own a semi-automatic weapon.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

BigDave wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:Not at all. The predisposition should be to allow localities to do as they want. Of course there are limits. The inability to own semi-automatic weapons should not be one of those limits. I'm glad its not.
Because?
Because IP doesn't like it.

IP, what exactly do you think a semi-automatic weapon is?

Semi-automatic only means that you don't have to re-cock it before shooting again. We're not talking about machine guns.
OK. Still OK with it.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote: ... which is why we allow localities to torture suspects into confession, suppress free speech, and establish Presbyterianism as the official state religion.

Because?
Because I value the ability of a locality to ban semi-automatic weapons over the right of citizen who chooses to live in that locality to own a semi-automatic weapon.
Regardless of what the constitution says. Got it