Illegal Alien found not guilty in murder of Kate Steinle

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

Illegal Alien found not guilty in murder of Kate Steinle

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
133743Hokie

Re: Illegal Alien found not guilty in murder of Kate Steinle

Post by 133743Hokie »

So her attorneys said it was an accident? Ok, so why not involuntary manslaughter? Her attorney says too many guns in US, just a tragedy. CA is just one F'd up place. Not even sure he is going to be deported!
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Jury not allowed to hear evidence that he had 7 prior felony convictions nor that he had illegally entered the country 5 times. The weren't allowed to hear that he changed his story to police multiple times. All they heard was that he picked up a gun laying on the pier, it accidentally went off, ricocheted and hit her. He panicked, dropped the gun and kicked it off the pier and into the water. Oops, sorry, my bad.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

What.
A.
World.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Disgraceful.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:So her attorneys said it was an accident? Ok, so why not involuntary manslaughter?
Yeah, that boggles the mind.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Noticed that IP is strangely absent from this thread :?: , even though he took to time to post about a hunter being shot by his dog tonight.

Funny how the left gets very upset/concerned about gun deaths, unless the perpetrators are Hispanic/black.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

133743Hokie wrote:So her attorneys said it was an accident? Ok, so why not involuntary manslaughter? Her attorney says too many guns in US, just a tragedy. CA is just one F'd up place. Not even sure he is going to be deported!
The article said that that wasn't an option the jury was given. Some prosecutors don't want lessor charges included because they are gambling the jury will convict rather than acquit.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

133743Hokie wrote:So her attorneys said it was an accident? Ok, so why not involuntary manslaughter? Her attorney says too many guns in US, just a tragedy. CA is just one F'd up place. Not even sure he is going to be deported!
Maybe that wasn't a potential charge?
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

USN_Hokie wrote:Noticed that IP is strangely absent from this thread :?: , even though he took to time to post about a hunter being shot by his dog tonight.

Funny how the left gets very upset/concerned about gun deaths, unless the perpetrators are Hispanic/black.
That whole crapped up state is a microcosm of leftist ideals. This is just the next step in the evolution.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:Noticed that IP is strangely absent from this thread :?: , even though he took to time to post about a hunter being shot by his dog tonight.

I haven’t commented, Cap’n, because I am not familiar with the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

ip_law-hokie wrote:

That shouldn't stop you.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

That shouldn't stop you.
It certainly doesn’t stop us all.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

BigDave wrote:
The article said that that wasn't an option the jury was given. Some prosecutors don't want lessor charges included because they are gambling the jury will convict rather than acquit.
News reports say given three options... first degree murder, second degree murder, and manslaughter. Said defense argued not manslaughter because there was no intent on his part to actually fire the weapon or harm anyone.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:

I look forward to seeing your comments once you familiarize yourself!
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

You are not my boss, Cap’n.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:
News reports say given three options... first degree murder, second degree murder, and manslaughter. Said defense argued not manslaughter because there was no intent on his part to actually fire the weapon or harm anyone.
Must have been a jury of illegal aliens or just plain CA kooks. That is the state that couldn't convict OJ.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

BigDave wrote:
The jury had a number of choices to make. They could have gone with a second degree verdict, involuntary manslaughter or consider a first degree murder verdict.

https://www.google.com/amp/abc7news.com ... y/2679176/
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

That's OK, your lack of response is a response itself.

Flooding the nation with democrat/welfare state voters is more important than preventing gun violence, which you only care about to the extent that it hurts or removes rights from conservatives. Got it.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

That's OK, your lack of response is a response itself.

Flooding the nation with democrat/welfare state voters is more important than preventing gun violence, which you only care about to the extent that it hurts or removes rights from conservatives. Got it.
IP is a fraud.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

133743Hokie wrote:Jury not allowed to hear evidence that he had 7 prior felony convictions nor that he had illegally entered the country 5 times. The weren't allowed to hear that he changed his story to police multiple times. All they heard was that he picked up a gun laying on the pier, it accidentally went off, ricocheted and hit her. He panicked, dropped the gun and kicked it off the pier and into the water. Oops, sorry, my bad.
Why not? seriously ? why couldn't the fact that he is a felon and illegal immigrant be heard?
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

133743Hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:
Yeah, they gave voluntary manslaughter, not criminally negligent homicide or involuntary manslaughter or something like that.

Voluntary manslaughter requires intent, which they couldn't prove.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:Jury not allowed to hear evidence that he had 7 prior felony convictions nor that he had illegally entered the country 5 times. The weren't allowed to hear that he changed his story to police multiple times. All they heard was that he picked up a gun laying on the pier, it accidentally went off, ricocheted and hit her. He panicked, dropped the gun and kicked it off the pier and into the water. Oops, sorry, my bad.
Why not? seriously ? why couldn't the fact that he is a felon and illegal immigrant be heard?
Its California, and in San Fran. So don't expect logic or reason to come into play here. This is a place where the left is so entrenched and dug-in, that they are willing to give illegal aliens a slap on the wrist for murdering US citizens. If there's a silver lining here, its that this will only help Trump's re-election in 2020.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
Its California, and in San Fran. So don't expect logic or reason to come into play here. This is a place where the left is so entrenched and dug-in, that they are willing to give illegal aliens a slap on the wrist for murdering US citizens. If there's a silver lining here, its that this will only help Trump's re-election in 2020.
True..the one place (Atlanta a close second) in the United States where I would not live for any amount of money is California...Liberal, communist cess pool.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

BigDave wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:
Yeah, they gave voluntary manslaughter, not criminally negligent homicide or involuntary manslaughter or something like that.

Voluntary manslaughter requires intent, which they couldn't prove.
Thankfully, "proof" is not not required.