Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Senate passes tax reform bill

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Re: Senate passes tax reform bill

Post by HokieHam »

Good. I’m shocked those incompetents were able to do it.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

HokieHam wrote:Good. I’m shocked those incompetents were able to do it.
Ha, its far from over. The Senate passed their bill, and the House passed their bill. Now we have to go through reconciliation. I bet dollars to donuts that final bill will not pass the Senate. We are relying on people like Corker, McCain, Flake, Murkowski and Collins for Christ sake (not mention the hate filled Democrats). And we know these people would rather stick a knife in the back of the American people over giving Trump a legislative victory.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
Ha, its far from over. The Senate passed their bill, and the House passed their bill. Now we have to go through reconciliation. I bet dollars to donuts that final bill will not pass the Senate. We are relying on people like Corker, McCain, Flake, Murkowski and Collins for Christ sake (not mention the hate filled Democrats). And we know these people would rather stick a knife in the back of the American people over giving Trump a legislative victory.
The senate has mucked up their bill so that it is even less of a "tax reform" bill and more of a shifting of items for special interest groups.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Folks are getting too wound up over the individual tax language.

The biggest part of this tax bill is lowering corporate tax rates, which is a good thing for everyone.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

It passed, but they've boggled this, too.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

133743Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
The senate has mucked up their bill so that it is even less of a "tax reform" bill and more of a shifting of items for special interest groups.
Yeh, it's ridiculous. These are the people that were bitching about people not reading Obamacare, and they added a bunch of nonsense that didn't get released for anyone to read. When you see actual photos of the bill, with amendments written in chicken scratch on the borders of the original bill, it's laughable. We should clear out all 535 of them and start over.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
Yeh, it's ridiculous. These are the people that were bitching about people not reading Obamacare, and they added a bunch of nonsense that didn't get released for anyone to read. When you see actual photos of the bill, with amendments written in chicken scratch on the borders of the original bill, it's laughable. We should clear out all 535 of them and start over.
Yup. Clean house.......
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
I can agree with that. And the comment above regarding this being a shift or special interests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:Folks are getting too wound up over the individual tax language.

The biggest part of this tax bill is lowering corporate tax rates, which is a good thing for everyone.
I’m glad it will be your kids paying for the 1T.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
I can agree with that. And the comment above regarding this being a shift or special interests.

Try to look at the positives - like large government states (CA, NY, NJ...) no longer having their high tax rates subsidized by the federal government. I'm sure a small government libertarian like yourself can appreciate that.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Folks are getting too wound up over the individual tax language.

I’m glad it will be your kids paying for the 1T.

So.....NOW you’re concerned about deficits adding to the debt?

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Try to look at the positives - like large government states (CA, NY, NJ...) no longer having their high tax rates subsidized by the federal government. I'm sure a small government libertarian like yourself can appreciate that.
Sounds good to me. States like NY, NJ, and CA are tired of subsidizing the states that take in more fed tax money than they pay out. The biggest govt parasites like KY, AL, SC, MI, may have to do something different to keep their citizens fed with less fed gov money.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Sounds good to me. States like NY, NJ, and CA are tired of subsidizing the states that take in more fed tax money than they pay out. The biggest govt parasites like KY, AL, SC, MI, may have to do something different to keep their citizens fed with less fed gov money.
Ahh yes, because having an extensive federally funded infrastructure system sending water, electricity, and goods (among other things) to high cost of living blue states like CA makes red states parasites.

Any other dumb statistics you'd like to discuss?