It's going to be a photo finish in Alabama tonight...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: It's going to be a photo finish in Alabama tonight...

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
awesome guy wrote:There should be a pole test so an ignoramus like yourself can't vote.
Only if the first question is how to spell "poll".
Works for me. Then we can ask "Is Roy Moore a pedophile?" To filter out LIVs like you and Nolan. We need a better electorate, y'all are too easily(even willingly) misled.
The good news for Moore is that he has more time to spend with other people’s children now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
awesome guy wrote:There should be a pole test so an ignoramus like yourself can't vote.
Works for me. Then we can ask "Is Roy Moore a pedophile?" To filter out LIVs like you and Nolan. We need a better electorate, y'all are too easily(even willingly) misled.
The good news for Moore is that he has more time to spend with other people’s children now.

Too bad you don't spend any time educating yourself and then wouldn't say such dishonest things. Then again you wouldn't comprehend what you're reading so it would be wasted time.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieJoe wrote:I'd measure this race as equal parts collusion between D and R leaders. I don't think Moore was a good candidate, however, I think the claims were, sketchy from the start. McConnell should be fired.
Those calling him a pedophile are wrong. Those types (pedos) don't stop. There are no claims of any misbehavior the last 30 years. Did Moore date unusually much younger girls? Oh yeah. Absolutely. I've not heard of parents of those girls coming forward to say he did so without their knowledge, number 1, and number 2, May-December dating in backwoods pockets is not as socially toxic as it is in most places.

The guy isn't a pedophile. He's weird. Sure.

I wouldn't have supported him either.
Reminds me of a VA race, where no competent R candidate can be found.
Strange would have run away with that election, and the Senate wouldn't be split right now.

I don't see this as a referendum on Trump. Not in AL.

Rs need to wake the hell up.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:I'd measure this race as equal parts collusion between D and R leaders. I don't think Moore was a good candidate, however, I think the claims were, sketchy from the start. McConnell should be fired.
Those calling him a pedophile are wrong. Those types (pedos) don't stop. There are no claims of any misbehavior the last 30 years. Did Moore date unusually much younger girls? Oh yeah. Absolutely. I've not heard of parents of those girls coming forward to say he did so without their knowledge, number 1, and number 2, May-December dating in backwoods pockets is not as socially toxic as it is in most places.

Strange would have run away with that election, and the Senate wouldn't be split right now.

They don't care that they're lying about Moore, they care about winning to get on with their business of hating America and her culture.
ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:

This has huge implications for R measures in Senate for the next 2 years. If they want that tax bill to go they need to do it before late January.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

This has huge implications for R measures in Senate for the next 2 years. If they want that tax bill to go they need to do it before late January.
Yup.
Agry.

Rs need to get their shirt together.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:

You can thank Mitch McConnell for that entire mess. Mo Brooks was the grass roots choice, and McConnell knew this so he aimed all of his guns on Brooks in the primary in order to knock him out and get Strange into a run-off. McConnell never thought that Moore would beat Strange in the run-off, but he did and I think this angered McConnell so much that both him (and the rest of the GOPe) really preferred the Democrat winning over Moore.

Is Moore a weird guy? Sure, but this was a political hit job of epic proportions coming from the both the Democrat-media and the GOPe.
Last edited by UpstateSCHokie on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

Too bad you don't spend any time educating yourself and then wouldn't say such dishonest things. Then again you wouldn't comprehend what you're reading so it would be wasted time.
Poor baby. Even Trump didn’t want the guy, so learn your lesson about nominating guys like this and do better next time.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

Poor baby. Even Trump didn’t want the guy, so learn your lesson about nominating guys like this and do better next time.

Poor ignoramus, Nolan no like facts. A person with integrity wouldn't accept or spew the lies you do. Empty vessel.
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

HooFighter wrote:
Hoofighter wins the internet today! Lol!
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HvilleHokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
For simple people, for sure.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
Let’s not disparage simple people. They probably know the difference between poll and pole.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HooFighter wrote: Only if the first question is how to spell "poll".

Poor ignoramus, Nolan no like facts. A person with integrity wouldn't accept or spew the lies you do. Empty vessel.
Trump didn’t want Moore as the nominee. That’s a fact.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
Let’s not disparage simple people. They probably know the difference between poll and pole.

They can't tell real news from fake news. Simple.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Works for me. Then we can ask "Is Roy Moore a pedophile?" To filter out LIVs like you and Nolan. We need a better electorate, y'all are too easily(even willingly) misled.

You have no idea what a fact is.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Works for me. Then we can ask "Is Roy Moore a pedophile?" To filter out LIVs like you and Nolan. We need a better electorate, y'all are too easily(even willingly) misled.

True. Trump supported the other guy in the primary because he had vocalized support for one of Trumps projects.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:I'm sure this is all due to my move to Tuscaloosa.

And hell has frozen over. A democrat wins a statewide election to the federal government in Alabama. First time since 1992.

I wouldn't get used to it.
Correct. Just run a competent, non-pedophile, and the GOP will win comfortably.

except the pedophile part of the story has tons of holes and issues, so you are sure he diddled a 14 YO, the yearbook thing was forgery and the rest of the claims have no proof at all.....but I accuse you of banging a 15 YO 20 years ago, my wifes friend told me you did it to her....must be true, right?
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Well FWIW this gets the GOP Senate off the hook in having to kick out Moore before he was even seated.

It would have been so much easier if certain GOP nitwits didn't kick Mo Brooks to the curb.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote: but I accuse you of banging a 15 YO 20 years ago, my wifes friend told me you did it to her....must be true, right?
Sign me up. I’ll take the street cred of banging a 15 YO when I was 13.

Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

This whole AL election just proves to me that the Republicans could screw up a one horse parade. It’s like they learned absolutely zero from Hillary’s embarrassing defeat. Running a crappy candidate that over half of the people think is damaged goods doesn’t bode well for being elected. This falls squarely on McConnell. The swamp is strong in both parties.
Major Kong wrote:Well FWIW this gets the GOP Senate off the hook in having to kick out Moore before he was even seated.

It would have been so much easier if certain GOP nitwits didn't kick Mo Brooks to the curb.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: but I accuse you of banging a 15 YO 20 years ago, my wifes friend told me you did it to her....must be true, right?
Sign me up. I’ll take the street cred of banging a 15 YO when I was 13.

sorry, she called to correct my error, it was 10 years ago.... you pedophile....must be true, you have been accused, right?

Do you see the problem yet?

If there were not so many issues with the accusation that he was with a 14 YO I would have no issue, but there are multiple problems with the accusation and story, so many that it appears to be a lie by the accuser
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:This whole AL election just proves to me that the Republicans could screw up a one horse parade. It’s like they learned absolutely zero from Hillary’s embarrassing defeat. Running a crappy candidate that over half of the people think is damaged goods doesn’t bode well for being elected. This falls squarely on McConnell. The swamp is strong in both parties.
Major Kong wrote:Well FWIW this gets the GOP Senate off the hook in having to kick out Moore before he was even seated.

Problem is the accusations were not brought out until the primary was done... rather convenient if you ask me. But this is our future, my guess will be 50-75% of candidates will be accused of being a sexual deviant or some other impossible to prove charge, should be fun
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

RiverguyVT wrote:

Agreed.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
A bunch of morans for sure.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote:

It’s Alabama, it’s a different world. Below is your basic Roy Moore supporter. You can’t always tell how they’re going to vote. Overall, the Rs dodged a bullet as far as not having to deal with Moore being part of the Senate. Now, just need to sit tight for 3 yrs. and find a better candidate, maybe the aforementioned Brooks. Other than him not being a Southern Baptist, he’s a good fit.