It’s law! Trump just signed

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
RiverguyVT

It’s law! Trump just signed

Post by RiverguyVT »

Let’s hopw it was read, before passing to find out what’s in it...LOL
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
WestEndHokie39

Re: It’s law! Trump just signed

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

RiverguyVT wrote:Let’s hopw it was read, before passing to find out what’s in it...LOL
Trump has been a pleasant surprise for me. I didn't have high hopes when he got elected, but he has made significant beneficial changes in the direction of this country:

1. Gorsuch- home run appointment of a judge who actually knows and follows the constitution.
2. Clean Waters Act repeal- an awful government overreach that had been smacked down already in court.
3. Tax cuts- the reduction in the corporate rate is YUGE- the US will now be competitive.
4. ObumblesCare mandate- another example of a blantantly unconstitutional act of government.
5. Bears Ears reduction- he should have reversed this entirely and let the state of Utah run it, but this was also good.

There have been others, but these came immediately to mind.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:Let’s hopw it was read, before passing to find out what’s in it...LOL
Trump has been a pleasant surprise for me. I didn't have high hopes when he got elected, but he has made significant beneficial changes in the direction of this country:

1. Gorsuch- home run appointment of a judge who actually knows and follows the constitution.
2. Clean Waters Act repeal- an awful government overreach that had been smacked down already in court.
3. Tax cuts- the reduction in the corporate rate is YUGE- the US will now be competitive.
4. ObumblesCare mandate- another example of a blantantly unconstitutional act of government.
5. Bears Ears reduction- he should have reversed this entirely and let the state of Utah run it, but this was also good.

Oh ye of little faith
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:

6. Overturning net neutrality - leaving control w/ the carriers vs. the content providers
7. Rescinding DreamAct EO - providing a window to force congress to deal w/ this thru legislation
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

So does this mean the world stops turning today and we're all gonna die :?:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:

That's a decent list. It's too bad he spends all his P/R capital being a big baby on Twitter, instead of focusing on his accomplishments and goals.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:

That's a decent list. It's too bad he spends all his P/R capital being a big baby on Twitter, instead of focusing on his accomplishments and goals.
That's a distraction for idiots, it worked.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:

I’m starting to think there is a middle here.....or maybe he just is that tuned in to trolling and exposing the utter nuttiness of the left and the total bias of the media.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

133743Hokie wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:

6. Overturning net neutrality - leaving control w/ the carriers vs. the content providers
7. Rescinding DreamAct EO - providing a window to force congress to deal w/ this thru legislation
8. Ending government subsidies for abortions in foreign countries.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:

What do you think he’s distracting people from paying attention to?
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Cap’n’s kids and cwtcers nephews will be paying for my tax cut. They’re ****, but oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:Cap’n’s kids and cwtcers nephews will be paying for my tax cut. They’re ****, but oh well.

Pretty sure you and your boyfriend are going to be paying more. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

WestEndHokie39 wrote: 3. Tax cuts- the reduction in the corporate rate is YUGE- the US will now be competitive.
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
People who know, know.
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

TheH2 wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote: 3. Tax cuts- the reduction in the corporate rate is YUGE- the US will now be competitive.
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah.. the worlds leading economy where nearly all innovation takes place can finally be competitive!
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:Cap’n’s kids and cwtcers nephews will be paying for my tax cut. They’re ****, but oh well.

Yet they weren’t when Obeezy added $9T to the debt?

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

TheH2 wrote:
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taking the part about being competitive out, do you agree or disagree with the corp tax cut.
IMO, it's long overdue, and could/should spur more private investment and growth. It should allow investment to shift from gov. to private. I would have preferred the corp. tax cuts to be more gradual and come with some hooks related to US job growth, and expansion, but it's a start.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

I was just in the grocery store and braces magically appeared on all the little kids' legs. The the gays were rounded up and put on trains. It was horrible.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taking the part about being competitive out, do you agree or disagree with the corp tax cut.
IMO, it's long overdue, and could/should spur more private investment and growth. It should allow investment to shift from gov. to private. I would have preferred the corp. tax cuts to be more gradual and come with some hooks related to US job growth, and expansion, but it's a start.
Yup. Long overdo and they need to simplify it even more.

ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:

Pretty sure you and your boyfriend are going to be paying more. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
I’ll trust my CPA over you Cap’n. Sorry.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

HokieFanDC wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I agree with the corp tax rate cut. I thought the OECD average was probably the best rate, the new U.S. rate is just a few percentage points lower. Don't get your hopes up for more private investment and growth. For multinationals, it's not about jobs, it's about paying less taxes. Jobs don't migrate overseas because of tax rates, profit do. Jobs migrate overseas because companies are multinational (or for cheaper labor). It's not an issue to get the necessary funds in the U.S. to fund the operations/invest.

The best hope for investment would be the "pass-through" companies which are not subject to corporate tax cut but previously paid personal income tax. In the end, this is probably small. Sample size of 1, it won't change much where I work.

Edit, my company is exempt from the pass-through reduction, so no changes here.
Last edited by TheH2 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
People who know, know.
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

TheH2 wrote:
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What I meant was it was stupid to have a rate that was so much higher than the rest of the world- in other words, the tax rate is more competitive. It should be zero, but that's another discussion.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

CPAs aren't economists.
In my estimation (CBO be darned), govt revenue will go up robustly as a result of the tax cuts. If the deficit increases, it will be due to spending...not revenue shortfall.

Good to see liberals finally coming around on debt tho. Debt hasn't mattered for over 8 years.
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HvilleHokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah.. the worlds leading economy where nearly all innovation takes place can finally be competitive!
We were being told the other day that the US isn't the leader.
Which is it?

I'm shocked that a liberal would cop to the notion that innovation comes from the US. I thought the US was to be mocked and diminished, not held up for admiration.
Shocked!! :o
Salute the Marines
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

RiverguyVT wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

CPAs aren't economists.
In my estimation (CBO be darned), govt revenue will go up robustly as a result of the tax cuts. If the deficit increases, it will be due to spending...not revenue shortfall.

Good to see liberals finally coming around on debt tho. Debt hasn't mattered for over 8 years.
And it won't matter to the Democrats again when they gain the Presidency.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

RiverguyVT wrote: CPAs aren't economists.
LOL. We have history as a guide, it doesn't and it won't. Better chance VT basketball wins the national championship this year.

EDIT: Post fixed!
Last edited by TheH2 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
People who know, know.