It's going to be a photo finish in Alabama tonight...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
WestEndHokie39

Re: It's going to be a photo finish in Alabama tonight...

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

Major Kong wrote:Moore loses by over 20,000 votes. The GOP had an excellent candidate for the Senate (Mo Brooks) and pissed it away by backing Big Luther.

This seat will up for grabs again in 2 years.
I have heard Mo Brooks being interviewed several times, and have been very impressed with him. He would have wiped the floor with Jones. All the GOP has to do in two years is to nominate somebody who is not a nutbag...
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:I'd measure this race as equal parts collusion between D and R leaders. I don't think Moore was a good candidate, however, I think the claims were, sketchy from the start. McConnell should be fired.
Those calling him a pedophile are wrong. Those types (pedos) don't stop. There are no claims of any misbehavior the last 30 years. Did Moore date unusually much younger girls? Oh yeah. Absolutely. I've not heard of parents of those girls coming forward to say he did so without their knowledge, number 1, and number 2, May-December dating in backwoods pockets is not as socially toxic as it is in most places.

The guy isn't a pedophile. He's weird. Sure.

I wouldn't have supported him either.
Reminds me of a VA race, where no competent R candidate can be found.
Strange would have run away with that election, and the Senate wouldn't be split right now.

I don't see this as a referendum on Trump. Not in AL.

Rs need to wake the hell up.
Well said...a facebook acquaintance used the words "credibly accused" in a post today- more Newspeak, I guess...
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:This whole AL election just proves to me that the Republicans could screw up a one horse parade. It’s like they learned absolutely zero from Hillary’s embarrassing defeat. Running a crappy candidate that over half of the people think is damaged goods doesn’t bode well for being elected. This falls squarely on McConnell. The swamp is strong in both parties.
Major Kong wrote:Well FWIW this gets the GOP Senate off the hook in having to kick out Moore before he was even seated.

It would have been so much easier if certain GOP nitwits didn't kick Mo Brooks to the curb.
Yup. This.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
Mcl3 Hokie wrote:This whole AL election just proves to me that the Republicans could screw up a one horse parade. It’s like they learned absolutely zero from Hillary’s embarrassing defeat. Running a crappy candidate that over half of the people think is damaged goods doesn’t bode well for being elected. This falls squarely on McConnell. The swamp is strong in both parties.
Major Kong wrote:Well FWIW this gets the GOP Senate off the hook in having to kick out Moore before he was even seated.

It would have been so much easier if certain GOP nitwits didn't kick Mo Brooks to the curb.
Yup. This.
If you can appreciate the humor, it is rather amusing.

Trump plays it safe and nominates a stalwart from the most reliably red state that there is. Sessions burns Trump once for refusing to obstruct the Russian investigation, Bannon gins up the crazies to elect a crazy, Trump backs the crazy, and Alabama has a Democrat Senator. Dilly dilly GOP. Well played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Dilly dilly!

Now on to the pit of despair. LOL
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

Problem is the accusations were not brought out until the primary was done... rather convenient if you ask me. But this is our future, my guess will be 50-75% of candidates will be accused of being a sexual deviant or some other impossible to prove charge, should be fun
I'll take the under!
People who know, know.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Say Moore was elected, and the Senate kicked him out. Doesn't that mean another person is appointed to the seat temporarily?
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

Yup. This.

Trump plays it safe and nominates a stalwart from the most reliably red state that there is. Sessions burns Trump once for refusing to obstruct the Russian investigation, Bannon gins up the crazies to elect a crazy, Trump backs the crazy, and Alabama has a Democrat Senator. Dilly dilly GOP. Well played.

Trump backed someone else from the start. He should have just kept silent on this one toward the end.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

Yup. This.

Trump backed someone else from the start. He should have just kept silent on this one toward the end.
He did the opposite.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

I notice Roy Moore still hasn’t conceded. I wonder why.

Gigantic asshole?
Sore loser?

Probably both.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HooFighter wrote:I notice Roy Moore still hasn’t conceded. I wonder why.

Gigantic asshole?
Sore loser?

Probably both.
An “all of the above” should also include a non-Moore reason. We’re talking about a local campaign that became national...and any time the national DNC apparatchik is involved, there is more likely than not fraud at some level. The D Party is just sooo durty and corrupt. So while Moore may be a sore loser and asshole, don't make the mistake of presuming his flawed character is evidence enough of a clean & fair election.... he was running against career criminals and haters of liberty who will stop at nothing to advance their zealotry of statist religion. Ends justify means.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Gigantic asshole?
Sore loser?

Probably both.
Maybe you guys could be pen pals with so much in common. Next 7 years are going to be hard on you. Imagine if caesar salad prices escalate as much as the DJIA?
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

RiverguyVT wrote:

Gigantic asshole?
Sore loser?

Probably both.
An “all of the above” should also include a non-Moore reason. We’re talking about a local campaign that became national...and any time the national DNC apparatchik is involved, there is more likely than not fraud at some level. The D Party is just sooo durty and corrupt. So while Moore may be a sore loser and asshole, don't make the mistake of presuming his flawed character is evidence enough of a clean & fair election.... he was running against career criminals and haters of liberty who will stop at nothing to advance their zealotry of statist religion. Ends justify means.
Exactly.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Gigantic asshole?
Sore loser?

Probably both.
Even the Republican Governor, Republican Attorney General, and Republican Secretary of State certified the result. What a loser.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:

Gigantic asshole?
Sore loser?

Probably both.
Even the Republican Governor, Republican Attorney General, and Republican Secretary of State certified the result. What a loser.

I'm just glad that hoof has admitted Hillary is a sore loser and gigantic asshole. We're making progress.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Gigantic asshole?
Sore loser?

Probably both.

I'm just glad that hoof has admitted Hillary is a sore loser and gigantic asshole. We're making progress.
He's one that can't smell his own stench. Poor baby.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.