Does Modelo want me to buy their beer

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
RiverguyVT

Does Modelo want me to buy their beer

Post by RiverguyVT »

because the brewer (Modelo) doesn't believe in nations having borders?

A more compelling argument would've been that the beer tastes good, but it doesn't, because all mex beer tastes like carbonated dishwater.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: Does Modelo want me to buy their beer

Post by ip_law-hokie »

They make a decent Vienna style lager

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

The tradition of a lime with mexican beers originated as a way to sanitize the rim of the bottle (today it just helps cover up skunked beer) - for someone like IP, I can see how explosive diarrhea would be a feature and not a consequence. :mrgreen:
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Businesses would be smart to stay out of politics.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

nolanvt wrote:Businesses would be smart to stay out of politics.

You would think........
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

USN_Hokie wrote:The tradition of a lime with mexican beers originated as a way to sanitize the rim of the bottle (today it just helps cover up skunked beer) - for someone like IP, I can see how explosive diarrhea would be a feature and not a consequence. :mrgreen:
:lol:
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

USN is correct. Think of the lime as you would think of wiping down a surface with white vinegar on a rag.

Mex beer is horrible. All of it. They can't even make drinking water down there, how are they going to make quality beers?

The Modelo advert is insulting.
Salute the Marines
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

RiverguyVT wrote:USN is correct. Think of the lime as you would think of wiping down a surface with white vinegar on a rag.

Mex beer is horrible. All of it. They can't even make drinking water down there, how are they going to make quality beers?

It's bottled here
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

awesome guy wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:USN is correct. Think of the lime as you would think of wiping down a surface with white vinegar on a rag.

It's bottled here
Where is it brewed?
Salute the Marines
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

RiverguyVT wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

It's bottled here
Where is it brewed?
Same place
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Well I'll be..
Salute the Marines
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Yep, stupid ad. Pretty much insures I will actively encourage people not to drink their beer.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
PolyTech

Post by PolyTech »

ip_law-hokie wrote:They make a decent Vienna style lager
Agree - Negra Modelo is a good beer. There's another (or at least was years ago) called Lyon that was also a good Vienna style lager. Victoria and Dos Equis (the dark lager, not the light lager that has unfortunately become increasingly popular) are also good, but not quite so much as Negra Modelo (the one IP_sitting_hokie is referring to). I fully agree that beers packaged in clear bottles are subject to UV-promoted skunking from the isomerization of the humulone in hops, and Mexican beers like Sol and Corona should usually be poured in the toilet.

For those who don't think Mexican beer is good or can be good, I highly encourage you to pick up a six of Bohemia. That is an absolutely fantastic example of a European pilsner, but with more fresh hop aroma. One of my very favorites (and it fortunately comes in a dark bottle that helps prevent skunking).
#JusticeForNolan
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

PolyTech wrote:
Agree - Negra Modelo is a good beer. There's another (or at least was years ago) called Lyon that was also a good Vienna style lager. Victoria and Dos Equis (the dark lager, not the light lager that has unfortunately become increasingly popular) are also good, but not quite so much as Negra Modelo (the one IP_sitting_hokie is referring to). I fully agree that beers packaged in clear bottles are subject to UV-promoted skunking from the isomerization of the humulone in hops, and Mexican beers like Sol and Corona should usually be poured in the toilet.

For those who don't think Mexican beer is good or can be good, I highly encourage you to pick up a six of Bohemia. That is an absolutely fantastic example of a European pilsner, but with more fresh hop aroma. One of my very favorites (and it fortunately comes in a dark bottle that helps prevent skunking).
Had really good beer at Ardent Brewing, Richmond, Va. over Christmas. (Merry Christmas Ham.) I was impressed with their range. Particularly their Bourbon Barrel aged honey ginger. Worth checking out if ever in the north side of Richmond. Leigh street area by Parker Field.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
PolyTech wrote:

Had really good beer at Ardent Brewing, Richmond, Va. over Christmas. (Merry Christmas Ham.) I was impressed with their range. Particularly their Bourbon Barrel aged honey ginger. Worth checking out if ever in the north side of Richmond. Leigh street area by Parker Field.

That place sucks. Which Cash Advance store were you by on 360?
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
PolyTech wrote:

Ardent has some good offerings. Real good, imho.
RVA has become a place w/ a variety of good micro brews. Triple Crossing has some good ones. Strangeways. Lickinghole Creek. Center of the Universe ...all have some real good beer.
Salute the Marines
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

RiverguyVT wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
PolyTech wrote:

RVA has become a place w/ a variety of good micro brews. Triple Crossing has some good ones. Strangeways. Lickinghole Creek. Center of the Universe ...all have some real good beer.
Try Kindred Spirits, they're going to be the next big brewery out of here.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

awesome guy wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
PolyTech wrote:

Try Kindred Spirits, they're going to be the next big brewery out of here.
Yes, kindred is real good too!
Salute the Marines
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

PolyTech wrote:

Wow..Moneyball for beer. Fun. Modelo sucks Ray.. a cheap mexican beer- advanced stats aside.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
PolyTech wrote:

Lot's of breweries in that Scott's Addition area. Did you go to any others?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
PolyTech wrote:

Lot's of breweries in that Scott's Addition area. Did you go to any others?
I would have. Most were closed for Christmas Eve.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

I just moved to Colorado for the beer.

Stay pissed ip.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

CFB Apologist wrote:
PolyTech wrote:

Wow..Moneyball for beer. Fun. Modelo sucks Ray.. a cheap mexican beer- advanced stats aside.
LOL!
:lol:
Salute the Marines
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:I just moved to Colorado for the beer.

Stay pissed ip.
OK.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
PolyTech wrote:

That place sucks. Which Cash Advance store were you by on 360?
The one in Powhatan.